washing machines

I have a washer at home. I enjoy being able to wash my clothing here rather than lug it down the road. The problem I am having is the link that is all over my black clothing. The link catcher is washed out after eash cycle. I would like to get this to stop. Would you know how I can clean this machine to stop this? I washed the machine with a bottle of bleech and only hot water. I ran a long cycle and still this happens to my clothing.
@thedaddym (1737)
Lint mostly occurs due to static cling. Static cling can be reduced by using fabric softener. Also you should determine which of your clothes are causing the lint and wash them seperately because they are spreading lint on to the darker clothing. Wash your blacks or dark cloths by themselves and then wash sweaters, or other clothing seperately this will help you to keep from getting the lint on your darker clothes.
I could do a better job with this. So,I can change how I wash my clothes. Thanks very much for the help. And thank you for not being rude to me. Take care..
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Sounds like that the rubber Pipe at the back might be too narrow and it´s not letting the residue off the Clothes themselves get rinsed away properly. With black Clothes the bits stick to all of it unless they are washed on their own. I am a bit puzzled too as I don´t know really if you mean the Washer or the Dryer I don´t use a Dryer here because I have no room for one either. But if it is your washing Machine has someone left by accident a paper hankie in the washer with the Clothes and that´s what´s sticking to them? If so you need to wash them through at least twice on their own. Failing that if that don´t work and the clothes are wetter than what they should be it could be the belt of the Drum is too loose as well. Hope you get it to work as a Washing Machine is a lot of cash for anyone.
• Marion, Kansas
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf15540618.tip.html Hi, Gifts. This link has a post about lint on laundry, and I notice off to the right that there are other links about lint in the laundry. This particular post said the same thing I was going to--that is, use vinegar in your wash. If you have a fabric softener dispenser on the machine, or a separate one, put vinegar in, instead of fabric softener. Wash your towels separately and fuzzy sweaters and stuff separate as well. Wash darks together, and turn them wrong side out. This website said something like "do not wash fuzzy with smooth. Advantages of using vinegar in your wash are many: it takes all soap residue out of the clothes. It makes colors and whites brighter, it decreases static, you save money, it helps with the lint and it keeps the washer from getting a funky smell.
I too was going to suggest the lint trap, but also when you wash dark colors you may want to them only in cold water as the hot water causes the colors to bleed. Maybe this will help, oh I too have washer and dryer at home. Yeah!
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Are you washing your clothes with towels? If so that is why the lint is on your clothes. I usually wash all my shirts, t-shirts and blouses together, jeans and shorts separate and then underwear and socks together. The sheets and towels are always washed separate. Sheets and towels will create more lint then anything else. So if you are washing everything together that is what is causing the lint problem. If you are washing everything separate then I don't have a clue as to why this is happening. I hope this was of some help to you.
@finlander60 (1776)
I can only assume that you are meaning the LINT TRAP. Is this correct? If it is correct, than I can only say this: I have never seen a WASHING MACHINE WITH A LINT TRAP. I have, on the other hand, seen DRYERS WITH LINT TRAPS. Usually they are expected to be emptied, by you, after every load that you have dried. Am I confused? Please respond so I can get a better handle on this problem, if I am wrong.
Your right it is the link in my washer. I don't have a dryer.
@Catana (736)
The word is lint, not link. If you are getting lint on your clothes, it's because you are washing something that sheds. Figure out what it is and wash it seperately. By hand if you can. Are you separating your clothes by whites and colors? You need to wash the dark colors separately from the whites, so that any lint from the whites doesn't show up on the dark clothes.
bleach and hot water will not do anything for lint. You need to seperate your items. Like I will wash towels and sweats togeather and dry them because they are both high in lint accumulation when you run the dryer. Keep your darks like navy, red, & black together in one load. I have found if you do say a load of towels, then you do a load of say jeans & tee's (something that's not fuzzy), that by the time you get to your load of darks you have alot less lint on the items before and after the dryer. It could also be the machine as well. I noticed with the machine I have now that there is alot more lint with this HE machine I have than with the plain jane standard washer I used to have. I don't know why but it frustraited the heck outta me trying to line dry, so I could keep my gas bill down from not using the drying as much KWIM?
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
Hi, I am not at all in favor of washing machine. The machine washed clothes are never the like of hand washed. This is the reason I have not bought a washing machine.
@finlander60 (1776)
A few other hints are to run a HOT WATER load through with JUST VINEGAR IN THE TUB without clothes, turn your black clothes inside out before washing, if you have one of those fabric softener balls that you are supposed to put fabric softener in, fill to the line with VINEGAR instead of fabric softener. Vinegar will do just as good a job as a fabric softener, but less expensive, too. Good luck.