When it comes to movie adaptations, female audience gets more love

Calgary, Alberta
I notice this, when a book or any form of story or fiction that caters to women gets adapted into movies, I notice directors gives their best to stick with the original material. But when its from a literature that is more catered to men like comicbooks and other stories meant for boys, producers will give their best to ruin the story, not follow the story, miscast the characters and piss off the fans. They just darn change everything and even if the movie fails the critics and fans keeps on raging, producers keeps on pissing off the male audience when it comes to adaptations.
I agree that books that become hot and is read many females, it does have a chance to become into a movie. For males, it's the comic books right now. As for having chick flicks not being screwed up like the male movies, I have to agree and disagree at the same time. It's very rare to screw up a chick flick, but sometimes they always change something that wasn't in the book. As for male action movies, I'm starting to notice when it comes to superheroes from comic books, they are screwing up the superhero character. They pick the wrong guy and looks like they are picking a lot of actors that looks like nerds to play a superhero or put an actor that is a comedian and screw up the character how he is in the comic books. The superhero movies are becoming more as an comedian movie than an superhero action movie in my opinion. For example, The Green Hornet is going to be released soon and they put Seth Rogen to play as the The Green Hornet and from the trailers that I have seen, he tries to be funny and acts stupid. In the comic book, The Green Hornet is serious and isn't stupid. I'm not going to watch The Green Hornet cause they completely screw it up by putting Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet. They did a great job for the sidekick Kato, but not the Green Hornet.
• Calgary, Alberta
Aside from comicbooks videogame and Manly anime are the biggest victims of adaptations. I think when it comes to female novels being adapted, The one I remember to be bastasdized in a movie is "a walk to remember" because the novel is supposed to be set in 1950's and the female protagonist is supposed to be honey blond not brunette. I read that novel because my teacher in Engtlish forced me to do so and I watched the movie because of my date. But the ladies dont get that much anger from adaptations since there is more loyalty tot he story usually. Comicbooks, sci-fi novels and videogames where always ruined by Hollywood. In case of Japan though, their live actions dont piss off the fans, Only Hollywood does pissing off fans good.
Have seen the movie "A Walk To Remember", but never read the book. But I agree even if they do some hair color changed and the year of when the book is suppose to set in, no matter what most ladies aren't disappointed. Hollywood does piss off fans good for sure. Especially when the movie they are making is a video game, sci-fi novels, and comic books.
I think it's a matter of artistry. Maybe the directors wanted to put a little bit of their touch to whatever adaptation they get a hold of. If I was a director I'd do the same thing. Or maybe it's because simply they can do it. They bought the rights to direct and do some minor changes to the story so that's why they do it. I don't know the main reason why they do it exactly but I guess that's how it'll be. I specifically don't like the castings and the story of the movie adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It sucked big time. And M. Night Shyamalan even put his name before the title. What the hell was he thinking? Is he trying to ruin his reputation with the crappy move?