friend with no plans...

happy holiday's to you all. I will be going to my mothers for Christmas. I will be at my friends sleeping over on Christmas eve. I am sure he has no plans like thanksgiving. I asked him this before leaving this morning. Now,I go to his house to sleep because he asked me to and plus he has wifi and will not bother me while I am online. I think that is wonderful of him. Now,he lives across the street from my mother. I did not invite him over and won't be. But,I want to leave my mothers about two hours after I open my gifts to go spend time with him. He does not feel well at all. he just had a heart attack no one came to the hospital and one friend has been to his house. Now,last night he could barly wake up because the meds are putting him to sleep. Would I be wrong to tell my mother I will not be with her all day? I plan to stay in her town for the next few days and she will see me everyday.. His daughter lives with him but she works over night ans sleep all day.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, I don't know your mom but I wouldn't imagine it would bother her for you to spend time with your friend as well as her. Happy holidays, Gifts!
I would hope not I will be upset if I stay across the street from her the rest of the days and not go visit with her..
This will be my Christmas Eve that my boyfriend and I will have no plans either. We will be spending Christmas Day with my children as schedules are not coinciding for Christmas Eve. I am sort of glad as I have been so under the weather lately and have not been doing great. I am happy to read gifts that you will be with your mother and friends as I was a bit worried you would be alone. I so wish you a very Merry Blessed Christmas and want to let you know that I am so happy you and I are friends! This has been my gift this year.
You never told me if you got your package. I hope your day is filled with joy. I was planning on staying home but since he asked me to stay over I have been over his house back and forth for a while now. take care..
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
No not at all. You explain you are helping a friend who just had a heart attack. I'm sure she will understand. Its not like she is not going to see you at all. She should be lucky to have you around and still in town for a few days. My daughters live in New Mexico and my parents live in Florida, so I won't be seeing them for the holidays at all. You are doing a good thing to help out a friend in need. I think your mom will be proud of you. Happy holidays to you too and may your coming year be blessed.
I hope your right she does not see things this way. She will want me to stay all day with her. Plus over all else I don't want to miss mylotting all day. I am trying to reach payout. My friend will be laid up in bed and I will bring him some food and I will be right there next to him mylotting and playing my game. When he needs juice and stuff I will be right there to go get it.
@o2bnocn (2895)
No I do not think it would be wrong of you to tell your mother that you will not spend the entire day with her. You are old enough to make your own decisions. As long as you spend time with her and a decent amount of time while you are visiting, then I don't see anything wrong. In my opinion, your mother should be understanding and thankful that you want to help someone in need of help. I'm positive your friend will really appreciate it as well. It will probably mean a lot to him...more than you know. I also think that it is a good idea to talk to your mother about the situation. Happy Holidays!!!
Yeah I will talk to him first to be sure he will be home layed up. Then I will let her know my plans. thanks happy holiday's
@peavey (16866)
Why will you not invite him to your mother's house? That would be my first thought. I would ask a parent if that was all right first, of course. If you can't do that, I see nothing wrong with going to visit him later but not right away, if you're doing it for the right reason. (NOT because he has wi-fi!) I think it would be more important to your mother to have you there most of the day, but perhaps the day after Christmas?
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
happy holidays to you to girl. i think thats very admirable of you. your mom should certainly understand that you are being charitable by helping out a friend that has very little joy in their life it sounds like. after all you learned how to be that way from how you was raised. she should be very proud.
My mother won't see it that way. She will just see me leaving and not spending my time there. I just started going back to her house recently. When I am there she wants me to stay later all the time. I live 7 towns away and have to take the train and she still would like me to stay..
@kay2010 (178)
I think that your mother should understand, after all your friend will be alone and you are still going to see your mother some of the time. Its Christmas, and to see you at all during the holiday should make your mother happy. You sound like you are trying not to hurt your mother's feelings, and that is certainly sweet of you. Since you are also a very kindhearted person and do not want to leave your friend alone, then as long as you are dividing your time up fairly between the two of them, I think you are being a good friend and daughter.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I hope your mother will be understanding. At least you'll be spending some time with her and some time with your friend as well. Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with that. I tried to get my mother to come over last Christmas, but she did not want to. I tried to get her over for Thanksgiving too, but again it was a no. She is broke and usually can't afford to buy a Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, but I always put on a big spread.. I have to just to feed my kids, LOL. Well, she declined because she is just too depressed to deal with it, and so is my sister who's only 16. It's a real shame.. it would be nice to be with family on the holidays, and since my MIL is gone the only company we get on Christmas is my FIL.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I am sure your mother will understand if you want to visit this sick friend. You are a very considerate woman. Maybe your mom will visit your friend with you for a while. Merry Christmas!
• Netherlands
I think you should tell your mother how you feel about it, since he's your friend and he's not going through the best time of his life.. I think he really needs support and you don't want him to be lonely on Christmax Eve, I'm sure your mother will understand it and not mind at all about you going to his place.
I would think that if your mom knows you will be close for several days she should be happy. Sorry to hear your friend is in bad health. I am lucky not to have any heart problems. I feel bad for people who do though and have to have bypass surgeory and such. It is probably best that he sleeps alot right now. WHile we sleep when the body heals itself. Hope you have a nice few days.
I bet your mom will understand. They actually say that people who have friends recover from major illnesses better than those who do not. You may be doing him a world of good, sharing some holiday cheer with him.