candy canes..

This is the time of year when we see so many flavors of candy canes. They can be in many sizes and shapes as well. I like the mint ones and the rainbow candy ones. I have only had the red and white mint ones this year. I had two canes and a box of the tiny ones. My daughter ate most of the box. As I sit here snacking on my nice minty cane. I was wondering if you enjoyed eating these as well. Happy Holiday's to you all.
I love to see candy canes of all colors. I do not like eating the minty ones as I am not a minty flavored type person. LOL.. I especially like the cherry flavored ones. Well you know my Christmas is so off. I have yet to get started as I am still a bit sick and to top I had a migraine today. I feel a bit better now and have my work cut out for me tomorrow. Ugh.. I am so late..
Should you not be resting that migraine. The only thing that helps mine is darkness and sleep.
Yeah I did all day and now feel a tad better it is some what lingering now. Laying in bed made me think way too much about way too many things. Ugh..
Yum. Candy canes. I love the regular mint ones too. I thin the worst flavor is chocolate chip mint candy canes. Gross. I like chocolate chip mint, but not in a candy cane. Last year, I bought candy canes, thinking that they were mint because they were red and white, but they ended up being strawberry Jolly Rancher flavored.
Now those are some good candy canes. I love them too.
@cssiduyz (1054)
yes it is very delicious. eating candy in it contains chocolate and candies taste was cold tongue is really delicious.
Candy is so nice to eat and enjoy but so bad for the teeth an body..
@buggles64 (2715)
My son with a yellow candy cane. - Christian eating a candy cane!
I enjoy eating candy canes too. I break them in half and eat little pieces of them, a little bit at a time. I especially love to have them melt in my cups of hot chocolate. I love the Colored Disney candy canes with pictures of Mikey and Minnie Mouse :) Candy canes are so special this time of year. They were made in the shape of a shepherds hook, and were originally made all white to represent the purity of Jesus. The color red was later added to represent blood, and the stripes are to represent the holy trinity. Initially candy canes were given to little children to keep them quiet during church services.
I never knew any of this info. Thanks
I only like the peppermint flavored candy canes. I remember as a child we each would get one that was about eight inches long and as big around as a nickel or bigger for Christmas. It was huge and would last us about a week.
I have not seen that big one in years. My mother would love that one very much. She lives on these.
@Masihi (4228)
We got 2 boxes of Allen's regular mini-candy canes, the mint kind, for snacking on around the flat, but I always reserve one box that I carry around in a cloth gift bag, and when I'm out and talking with people, I give them a candy cane, even at church. It's a lovely surprise for people, and it brings a smile to their faces. I'm not a hard candy fan myself, so eating a whole mini-cane is even hard for me, I usually share it with my husband. I tried a coffee-flavoured cane today, didn't like it too much.
@kay2010 (178)
I think candy canes are fun. My daughter brought several home from school last friday and handed them to me and her little sister because she loves to share. The mint ones are good, but I love the fruit flavored ones and one year a long time ago, I actually had a butterscotch one. I had never known there was that flavor and it was really tasty. This year I did not get around to buying any myself, but next year I will try to buy lots of them in different flavors. Happy holidays!!
I also love candy canes, specially if they are hanging from a Christmas tree. I love sweets but since i'm diabetic i really can't enjoy them often. Well these candy canes actually make feel like i'm young again and thats the best part.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Guess what I just did??? You reminded me. I went to the cupboard and got down the candy canes. The red, green and white mint ones. I don't like the cherry ones. Yuck! I'm not much of a candy lover.
@megamatt (14331)
Candy canes are quite tasty. Also when you have a sore throat, that is an excellent remedy. There is just something that tasted right. Have not had any this year. Just not one of those things that I have gotten around to purchasing. Still it is a great thing to behold indeed. I have no particular flavors that I really do enjoy off hand.
@sender621 (14956)
I can remember when the only candy cane flavor was peppermint. Now there are so many different ones to choose from. Some of the gourmet flavors are great! i wish these flavors had been around when i was a kid!
@lingli_78 (12845)
i don't really like to eat candy canes... i just don't like the taste of it... i prefer lollipop like chuba chups... :-) happy holiday to you too... merry christmas and happy new year... take care and have a nice day...
I like the peppermint ones also but the blues are the bomb! They taste sort of sour. Not sure what flavor they are supposed to be. We used to get huge ones but I don't see them very much anymore.
@ElicBxn (60884)
no, we passed on them, at least so far - and really, the ones I would LOVE to find were the licorice ones I found about 15 yrs ago, but never seen since.
I love them, with a nice hot mocha latte. Candy canes make nice stir-sticks for mocha latte, or hot chocolate. YUMMY!