Are you conscious if how many friends you have?

Pasay, Philippines
Are you conscious if you only have few friends that are with you or if you don’t have friends at all meaning if you are a loner? Do you value the number of friends? Do you think it should be a basis on your personality regarding the friends that you have? I could actually observe that to other people that some of them are really conscious if they only have few friends. But then there are other people who are bragging about the number of friends that they have. I would admit the fact that I’ve been conscious about the number of friends that is like meaningless if you only have few friends. I understand that the more the merrier but the question is can I trust all of them? Are they kind of friend that I can approach whenever I need? I just realized that I don’t need to value the number of friends but the true friends which I only have few.
yes im aware i only got a few friends cuz most of my friends are virtual. most of them im just communicating through the net or text. i only get to see a few of them.
• Pasay, Philippines
So how are you related with your friends? Is that your classmates?
@camposkat (310)
Hi Metatronik! I believe that it doesn't matter how many or how few your friends are, as long as they are worth keeping for and trustworthy and would always be there for you through thick and thin. I know some people brag about having lots of friends and "connections" in high places only because they're rich or famous. But I want to know what will happen if these people get to the point where they aren't rich nor famous anymore and will these so-called friends in "high places" help them out or desert them. I only have a few handful of friends that I consider my close friends and trustworthy friends. I don't have a lot but I'm very sure that when I am down and I'm not "on top of the world", they will be there to help me and cheer me up and pick me up when I'm in pieces. That's what a real friend should be. And not all friends are like that. I'm not bothered if I only have a few friends that I can count on, as long as they are true, that's all that matters.
• Pasay, Philippines
I am glad that I am not rich and elite. It could be not safe if that is the only case. You can measure the true friends by accepting who you are not because you have something you can project.
@spencari (265)
have a much friend make our life so colorful, we can share information, tips how to do something, learn something new. as a part of society we cannot life alone we need to communicate with others, because sometimes we need others help or suggestion. but quantity is not determined a quality of somethings.. i mean if we only have a fewer as long as we able to communicate well it will more precious than have much but we never talk or only meet without known each other
• Pasay, Philippines
Sometimes if you have many friends it was like being acquainted with other people.
• Netherlands
I think it's better to have one good friend, than 10 bad/fake friends. I dont value the amount of friends I have, rather how good my friends really are. I don't care if I only have 5 friends, as long as they're true and good friends, who cares how many?!
• Pasay, Philippines
I agree on that. Why should we care about the amount of friends? I don't it would reflect on your personality.
Friends can be fun to hang out with. For my part I categorize them in several groups. There are those who I have as friends because we attend the same church. I have friends from the office; some of them I can hang out with from time to time to attend special occasions. But still there are those that I value and hold closest to my heart. These friends are really there for me through thick and thin. They may not be many in number but in quality they are that.
• Pasay, Philippines
I agree with that. I also have categorize in several groups such as from college friends and forum friends as well.
@magenn (78)
Hi my countrymen have a nice day....Ive got interested to your topic having many friends or less. For me Ive rather to have a few friends than many if they are not good . There are friends that they are good to you if they can get something from you in other words if you are useful for them but in times you are in need they are not there for you so they are not good friends. There are some friends that if they feel they dont have somebody to talk meaning they are lonesome they want to talk to you but if they have friends to talk to they will not remember you so in other words you are only the last choice is that good friends??? And there are also friends that nothing can do just to comment down to earth to you... in your personal appearence, in your financial situation, in your living situation. The true and real friend is knows how to sympathize in every situation good or bad / ups and down...that the true friends. For me true friend can understand you...comfort you...and listen to you no matter what. Many friends many personalities so I rather to have few friends.
• Pasay, Philippines
That is the reason I realize that I would rather have few friends. Because in the first place I am actually wondering in crowd of many people claiming that all of them are friends. My question there is meaning to say they could still trust each other? And if the other has a problem then the person could easily approach anyone of them as in easily? Because there are times if you are in crowd of friends you are not comfortable to all of them as your friend.
@hora_fugit (5435)
We had to travel a lot when friends mattered for me. And as most of those were not interested in continuing by correspondence, I never got chance to build a true friendship. Moreover, there were some bitter experiences too! So I just don't care about the number, it's the quality which matters. I don't have any, not proud of that, but that doesn't worry me any bit. At least my family is there for me I'll write some lines more ^^ I'm quite a loner as you pointed out. Still, I've a lot of friends (a sudden rise; and they know how deep feeling I've for them) and that's trouble!! I don't feel easy in a gathering and mostly remain silent. Not a good social skill...
• Pasay, Philippines
I am not good in social as well. There are times that I really feel that if I want to mingle with them then they just ignore me at all. It came to the point that I accept the fact that I have to be alone.
@jugsjugs (13046)
In the past there have been times where i have had a friend here to see me and no sooner have they been here they have gone straight to a friends to see them and told them all the things that are going on in my life, so i was not happy.I try to keep a few good friends and avoid other people that say that are my friend, yet they are not to be trusted.
• Pasay, Philippines
I agree with that. I am as well avoiding other friends that I can't be trusted. Aside from that she has so many issues and it is really not good if I am going to continue my friendship with my friend that I can't even trusted.
@buggles64 (2715)
My Dad told me this as I was growing up. A man/woman is lucky if they he/she can count the number of friends he has on one hand. These are the true friends, the ones that would help you and be there for you when you really need them. These are the friends, you can trust your life with. I believe in the accuracy of this statement, because my grandmother told him that, and was truly a remarkable woman.
• Pasay, Philippines
I understand that one and I could believe on that in some ways.
@alilin28 (1532)
• Uruguay
depending the site we are talking about. If you are thinking about facebook, or this type of social pages, i think that you shouldnt know 2000 persons (knowing face to face).. i think that here, just in my point of view, the number of friends tell how people search to increase the list and wants to know differents discussions, sometimes we know some of them, but i think that we "ask for a friend" also for the reputation the guy has, and the style of him/her. perhaps my explanation would be mixed, sorry for my english, but is not my mother tongue, so i want to improve this language, and sorry if you dont understand a sentence. have a nice day!
• Pasay, Philippines
Actually I don't talk about the social network site where in fact it is not reliable for us to base that all of them are our friends. Some of them are just adding for the sake of having on the friends list.
@_sketch_ (5711)
It's been in my experience that it's not the number of friends you have, but the quality of the friendships. If you're friends won't stick by you when things get tough, they aren't your friends.