I was able to complete SIMBANG GABI

Pasay, Philippines
Hoping that my only one BIG HOPE for 2011 will become true I am glad that I was able to complete in attendance of Simbang Gabi. Only thing that I need to do is to have the strong motivation to follow my dreams. However it feels like I will miss it again of attending the Simbang Gabi despite of waking up in the early morning and I am sleepy. Aside from that I would also miss buying the Putobumbong which is sometimes I am thinking that it is already part of Filipino tradition but of course it is not required to eat that after the mass. There are things that I realized during attending the mass. At the first day of having Simbang Gabi there are many people that will attend it to the extent that 30 minutes before the mass all the seats are already occupied and some people are standing already since they can’t find the vacant seat anymore. But then if that is already second day to 8th day of the mass there were only few people that will attend the mass. At the 9th day of the mass which was the last one there were many people that will attend the mass but not as many as the first one. I am actually wondering about the indication of attending the first day of Simbang Gabi? Is it about they believe that there would be more blessings that will come if in case that you were able to attend it?
Since the year i got married, i wasn't able to attend the simbang gabi anymore. The simbang gabi done at the wee hours of the morning is hard to attend because it's still dark and am afraid to go out all the way to our church. I couldn't even attend those done in the evenings because i was already too tired by then, because i=from work i have to rush home to prepare dinner. But this year, i was able to complete my simbang gabi. i attended them at the mall where my office is. I stayed a little longer at the office after office hours just so i could attend them. I even attended the Sunday one . That Sunday , i went to church for the Sunday mass with my husband. In the evening i went to the mall for the Simbang gabi. It was a bit of sacrifice, foregoing those supposedly rest hours already after office hours, but it was worth it! I felt so happy and proud i have completed it. And to be honest, my wish was granted !
• Pasay, Philippines
Are you living in the village? Well I could really imagine especially if you are not living near the church. If I am on your shoes then I can't be able to do the same thing. I was just lucky enough that our church was walking distance from our house so I won't be worrying about it and aside from that there are lights on the street. Good thing you were able to do something in order for you to complete the Simbang Gabi. So can you share with us your wish that was granted already Sounds like it was really fast.
my wish .. . that i be given a bonus by my boss aside from the usual bonus. God is really good, but of course i have to accompany my attending the simbang gabi with a confession on its 3rd day, and of course doing good to each and everyone. In my opinion, i have given God what He expects of me. . spiritual preparation for Christmas! Happy New year!
@gaiza12 (4889)
I too have completed the Simbang gabi.. Simbang gabi is a 9days novena. So we should really be attending all the nine days for us to be able to receive what we prayed for that is in accordance to God's will. It's not a guarantee that we completed the novena means that we will really be getting what we asked for, that's what our priest told in one of his homilies. What we ask may be answered for it is already planned by God and that we deserve to be answered for it. Even if we don't get what we prayed for, we should still be attending the next year's nine days novena in preparation for the coming of our savior.
• Pasay, Philippines
I have this feeling that I was not able to get what I hope this year 2010 but still I have strong feeling that I have to attend the mass with strong faith as well. All I need is His guidance now to follow my hopes.
I didn't have the chance to have that traditional mass every Christmas due to hectic schedule. I would want to have the time but my body just won't let me. It is indeed true that "simbang gabi" or early morning mass is a form of sacrifice. We try to commemorate the coming of Jesus in the world. Whatever promises, most people believe, as a reward for completion of the masses, that is not so like it. Being devotional perhaps gives you ample time to pray for the things you wish to have for the next days. It's not being able to complete the morning masses but it was all about your FAITH in Him.
• Pasay, Philippines
Yes it is a form of sacrifice but not to the extent that it could be too hard for us to sacrifice for it because it is not too much. But then it is not required and I strongly agree that it is about our FAITH with God.