Proud of myself

I saw how big I was and needed to change mylife. I went to the gym and worked out 4 hours everyday and lost a few pounds. It was not working for me after a few months. Then I could not go to the gym beacause I moved back to Ny. being stuck inside not riding my bike everyday caused me to gain 80 pounds. Then having thyroid issues was no big help. I could not walk without crying because at 268 my knees and feet hurt like hell. I got shots in my heels which helped for a while. Then a year later I had gastric bypass. I lost weight and kept it off. But,I went on the scale today and I saw I lost 6 pounds. I am now 174 pounds and Yes I am shocked like crazy. I never in a million year thought I would ever be this small again. How did I manage to carry around an extra 94 pounds? is that not like a whole person or something. I can't wait to hit the 100 mark then I will know I had reached my second goal. Are you proud of yourself for something as well?
@NoWayRo (1062)
Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself, it's a great accomplishment and very few people are able to do it. I was just about to answer "no" to your question, when I realized I stopped smoking about 30 days ago (more or less, I actually stopped counting, which in itself is huge). And I'm pretty proud of myself, especially as I did it now, instead of making it another New Year's resolution that would never come true.
I can't tell you how good that should make you feel. I stopped a few years back because I realized how nasty that habit was. I am now nagging my friend to stop smoking or I will be going back to my house. I know he is really trying but,I can't let him kill me and him self. I am going to clap for you as soon as I am done typing this message. You deserve a hand. Take care..
@NoWayRo (1062)
Thank you for your kind words, I do feel pretty good about myself right now. As for your friend, I'm not sure what to say: people who nagged me about quitting bugged me a lot, and the more annoyed I got, the more I smoked. I just quit when I felt the time was right. On the other hand, this doesn't work the same way for everybody, there's no solution valid for all, otherwise it would be so much easier...
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Hello Gifts, first of all congratulations about that. Nowadays it's so hard for us to keep good health if we got so many food around, which is not healthy. I feel more than proud when i reach that kind of goal, because my body feels better and i have more energy to do everything, i'm more motivated, i want just to reach more and more. It's amazing that you did it for yourself, that's the best gift you could make to your body and health, for sure. I'm planning to manage my eating after the New Year comes, so i can clean my body of all unhealthy food which is around me and i eat it because it's tasty. Good luck in that.
I will be eating more fruits and veggies in place of meat for my meals. I will keep up the protein when I do eat meat.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
If you weigh 174 right now you should not be looking to reach 100 lbs. I don't know how tall you all but I think 120lbs would be better for you. So that means you only need to lose 54lbs. The one thing at this moment that I'm proud of is getting my diploma in writing for children. I'm usually the type that starts somethings and never finishes but this I accomplished and I'm very happy about it.
You know I was laying down last night and my hand was on my ribs. I think I should stay where I am or about 4 pounds lighter no more than this. I will get my head on straight. I don't want to feel my ribs when I lay on my back..
That is definitely something that you have every right in the world to be proud of yourself about. As for me, I really haven't been able to accomplish anything recently that I would consider myself to be proud of. It is mostly because I've been stuck at home for the most part as it's been cold and my husband has been driving my car to work and I'll stay here with my son. However, I do have a lot of goals that I would like to accomplish in the next year and if I am able to do that, then I will have a lot to be proud of myself for.
I too have a take a healthy eating and exercising approach as I was a terrible roller coaster dieter. So for 14 months now I managed to keep the 60lbs off. I was not big to begin with am so small and able to eat really great. Cheers to you for your accomplishment and I know you can succeed at your second goal.
WOW!!!! your doing your thing too. I feel good and I know you do too. I hope we both keep it off. I am doing good so far it has been a year..
I think that its pretty amazing how much weight you lost. Thats really sad that you got so big that it hurt to even walk. When it gets to that point its pretty hopeless because if you cant walk you cant exercise and if you cant exercise at all your going to put on weight. I know people who have thyroid disorders and battle their weight. Its sad. I weigh 103 lbs so you have lost almost as much as I weigh. That is a lot of extra weight to carry around on our bodies. It puts so much stress on our systems. I'm glad that the gastric bypass helped you so much. The goal you want to reach is loosing 100 pounds? You are nearly there now :)
You knwo what hurts my heart a lot. My mother tells everyone that i did not need the surgery and that I was just following other people. But,she would be with me when I would be walking down the street crying because my feet and knees hurt so bad. After I lost the weight I could run,jog and more.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I don't even know you....but I am so proud of you. |Great work. Keep it up.
I feel like I know you just by being on mylot. Thanks so very much.
@whateva (786)
wow and i talk about losing 20 pounds. That is just great! It shows how strong your determination is. i'm proud of fighting negative thoughts every single day, its a big deal for me. :D
I felt so good when I lost my first 30 pounds. My panties kept falling down. LOL I was like oh no I don't have any money to buuy more. But,when my friend came and saw me. She took me to a stroe to buy sexy boy shorts and I was happy. I still have not worn them so the other day I gave them all to my daughter.. I like my hanes her ways..
• Marion, Kansas
I cannot think of any thing really current. I took care of a lot of people for a long time, both people who were ill and dying in my home and then later I helped in schools and took care of the adult disabled.
That is just great for you to have done. That is enough to make you feel good too. Thanks
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Wow you have done so well to get up to here. I know you can make it to your other Goal too. I have seen those problems People have where they have to have injections to be able to walk and so on. You deserve to get to your Goal gifts how have you got on now up to February? Keep us posted. I could be proud of a good many things I don´t really know if others would think so though and they are very personal issues so I won´t write them here. But I´m proud of you gal for getting up to here. Well done gifts you can make it.
@Flight84 (3050)
Congratulations on your weight loss! That's amazing and I hope you reach your goal. My father-in-law was riding bikes everyday for months because he needed to lose weight and he was having several health issues related to his weight. He stared losing weight and was feeling great and it was giving him something to do. His favorite bike (to best accomodate his needs) was stolen a few months ago and now he's had to stop and has gained somee of the weight back and is feeling poorly again. I'm hoping at tax time we'll be able to help him get a new bike.
@carolscash (9501)
Congratualtions to you! I have always had the opposite problem. I could never gain enough weight that I could weigh over 100 pounds until recently. It seems that after I hit 35, I have a harder time losing the weight now that I have gained it. I would like to be at about 110, but I think that I am at 117. OH Well! I guess that will have to do for me. Keep working at watching what you eat and you should do okay.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
wow, you should be specially for going to the gym, i don't have the strenght :D
@narnia007 (1051)
Congratulations mate.Hope to see another post of you standing tall and boosting that you achieved your 100 pounds target.It's so good to know that one has achieved his target especially with matters of self esteem and self control.I feel proud to achieve in my career.Great job mate.Happy mylotting.
When I was in high school I was the star player of our track and field team. Iam still proud of this to this day when I show my medals and certificates that are hung on one part of the house.
Wow! You are doing good. I was up to about an average of 280 for the past year and a half. Back in the Spring of 2009 I had lost 35 pounds because I was on a strict enough diet, going to the gym every day for about two hours, and I had a trainer. This was in three months. Anymore I don't really care. In the Spring I will probably do better eating wise and lose a little. Not easy carrying around about double what my weight should be. My knees and lower legs hurt real badly and it is hard for me to walk. No fun!
That is awesome, good for you! It's exciting news when you hear someone's success story. I am working on losing some weight but haven't been doing too hot lately. I'm hoping that I will get back into the swing of things now that the holidays are over.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi Gifts, I have a tendency to be very critical of myself so it is hard for me to come up with something just like that that I'm really proud of. I have moments and usually only briefly after I've accomplished something. I will say that losing that amount of weight is really extradinary and you have every reason to be proud. I remember a time when I'd gained weight and it was so so hard to lose it. Most of my life I was underweight and I found it just as impossible to gain. I remember when I first started to gain, I felt really good and then it went further than I wanted. I was on some meds for something else that caused the weight gain. I had to reverse life-long habits of trying to gain in order to lose. It took forever! You have every reason to be proud. I have to ask by 100, you don't mean you want to weigh 100 pounds right? You just want to lose a total of that amount ...right?
@Masihi (4228)
Wow that's pretty darned GOOD losing all that weight!!! Now for keeping it off, all the best on that! :-) I myself gained/lost/gained/lost/gained/lost all my life, and hopefully this year I'll be able to stop that cycle. Last time I weighed myself I was 64kg, I hope to get down to 50kg by summertime (I can get away with it because I'm so short)
@kukueye (1761)
Fast few years i succesfully screwed by life with being lazy and wasteful with whatever i have.Basically i gain weight loss money loss trust and gain nothing expect bad health and surely one day will receive bad karma for the misdeed i did.I am not proud of myself.The only thing so far i proud is i am still alive and not continue to screw up my life.