Are you snowed in?/

We had a blizzard here in Ny last night. I am at my friends on the tenth floor and it looks bad out there. The elevators are not working so I can't go out. Not that I was going out there to begin with. I really want some apples and peanut butter. It's too cold to even go around the corner for one. If the elevator was working.
Well it did snow here in CT... But were not "snowed in". Were going to take advantage of the snow and go skiing. You should try skiing or snowboarding, its fun and it gives you a reason to enjoy the snowy months.
@dibs2010 (132)
Its India and we never had any snowfalls in my life so their is no thinking about snowfalls.
@sender621 (14956)
I don't know how much more anow my driveway can take. It just seems to snow and snow. Idon't think it will ever end.
@carmelanirel (21108)
But if you really needed to get out, can't you use the stairs? Though I am with you, stay inside where it is warm..lol Oh and to answer your question, we are not snowed in. How much snow did you get anyways?
I don't know to be honest. I just know my knees were covered in snow and cars are covered and stuck in place. A few feet for sure..
I heard on pye's thread that NY got about 18 inches, so that is a lot of snow..
@dodo19 (28513)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Luckily, no we're not snowed it. We haven't had a bad storm recently. I'm hoping that we don't get snowed in any time soon.
I am hoping this will be the last blizzard for a while. I will be stocking up on food incase..
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Nope, there is no snow at all where I live. I wish there was though!
I wish I could send you what is in my parking lot. Wow.. it is very high and I am 5 feet..
• Marion, Kansas
No snow in my part of Kansas yet this year. I have seen the snow in New York and other places on television, though. I am hoping that in an emergency you would have stairs you could go down? I think for now I would just snack on whatever is available and get my apples and peanut butter later.
I did end up walking down the stairs to go outside. I could not take the noise and smoking much longer I needed some air. I did go home today and came back to my friends house. The elevator is working now.
@twoey68 (13662)
We live in central Missouri and we haven't been snowed in yet. We've had some days where I don't want to go out but not where I couldn't if I needed to. There's a lot to be said for stocking up in advance. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
We've had a lot more snow this year in December than we typically get, however, there has not enough snow to warrant us being snowed in. It has also been a weird winter so far in my opinion, it has been below freezing for quite a long stretch here and then today we kind of went to the other end of the spectrum. It was nearly 50 degrees today and tommorow it is supposed to be closer to 60 degrees before the bottom is sure to drop out again.
@carolscash (9503)
Luckily that snow storm missed us and I am thankful. We have already had colder temps and the third snowiest December on record and I am thankful that we missed this one. I am ready for spring.
@gdesjardin (1938)
Sorry that you are stuck in the house. We got about 5 inches on Christmas day. It just snowed all day long. The roads were icy, but we were able to get out of the house. My parents were suppose to come to our house for Christmas dinner, but I was afraid they will slip and fall, so we ended up cooking over there at their house. I just brought all the food there and just cooked away. It worked out and was relatively simple. Five inches down here is a lot for us...it is usually about 50 degrees this time of the year. This morning it was 17 degrees outside...very unseasonably cold.
@djbtol (5501)
Feel bad for you. Where I am, we are in the middle of a global warming nightmare. Temperatures are going up so fast, the snow doesn't even stick. I only wish I could reduce my carbon footprint to the point it would bring some of that winter my way. Maybe if I send a contribution to Congress, they will be able to get this global warming under control.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, We got hit pretty hard. Not sure just how much we got but some business's shut right down. I had to drive home from work in it and what normally takes about 20 mins took about an hour. I love the snow actually. This was so so cold though that I just wanted to stay in
@cssiduyz (1054)
wow .. really scary at all, because it can destroy buildings in the vicinity. and also can make grid systems become dysfunctional.
Actually i have no snow in the palce where i live i have a kind of geography where it never snows so i have not an experiance of that knid hope your elevators are made to work soon so you can get your apples and peanut butter.
Was sorry to hear about your blizzard. We had some heavy snow fall back the middle of the month. Even had a 'snow day' the begining of the month. That is a rarity for our state in the past few years. We don't usually get alot of snow and have had a drout the last few years. We are in a valley and usually the snow lodges in the mountains all around us and we get a .05 of an inch or something and it melts in no time. About enough to give the kids something to play in Christmas day and no more. This year has been alot different.
@ElicBxn (60164)
Lucky you (NOT). No, we had a couple of cold days, but its supposed to be up to 70 by the end of the week... don't you wish you had never left Florida?
Currently, no! However a couple of weekends ago, in the midwest, we were hit with what I hear is the same amount of snow that the east just got slammed with - about 20"! It was insanity. I ended up having to drive home from work - and it took me 2 hours to get home, and about 5 times of getting stuck. Luckily I brought the shovel with me in the car. I would highly suggest not driving, walking, using public transpotation, and pretty much not leaving the house unless totally unavoidable.
@buggles64 (2715)
We have been having such a mild winter this year with little snow. Ohhh, I love apples and peanut butter, but tonight my daughter bought me Reese's peanut butter cups...just as yummy, but now...I am wanting hot chocolate!
@ptower76 (1619)
Yes i am here trying to dig out of the snowstorm. I went outside earlier to the supermarket, but you can imagine that walking in the snow at my age got me a little tired. The cleanup seems to be going well so perhaps tomorrow morning you'll be able to get the apples and peanut butter. If you were a neighbor i would have gone out and gotten it for you when I went out. I knocked on a couple of the elder neighbor's doors to see if they needed anything but they are veteran New Yorkers and informed me they did all their shopping before the storm. Perhaps its what you and I should have done. lol