There's a rumor that Hillary Clinton will step down as Secretary of State.

Hillary Clinton - Picture of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
@Fortunata (1137)
There's a rumor that Hillary Clinton will step down as Secretary of State. What do you Mylotters think of this? Bill Richardson is supposed to take her place. Do you think she'll be gearing up to run against Obama in 2012? Yes, I know she came out and said she'd be done with working in public office, but that might have been to quell the rumors, too. They've actually been out there for a year now. So what do you think?
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I don't know, I 'm not sold on it yet. I haven't seen anything credible yet or anything that even appears like a confirmation of this. I'm going to say for now it is probably just an unsubstantiated rumor for right now until I see something confirming it.
@anniepa (27159)
Out of curiosity, where did you hear that rumor? I heard the Karl Rove interview with Greta but that's all I've heard of her stepping down. Anyway, I absolutely don't think she's about to run against President Obama in 2012. She's said she's not going to run for anything ever again, but people change their minds so I'd never count her out for possibly 2016 but I don't think it's going to happen in 2012. I've been of the impression she really loves her current job but I suppose it might get extremely tiring with all that traveling around the world. Annie
@anniepa (27159)
Richardson is still Governor of New Mexico, isn't he? I was sure there was a new one elected in November. Anyway, he'd gone to North Korea when President Clinton was in office and is known as a really good negotiator. Hillary will be younger in 2016 than McCain was when he ran in 2008 so that really shouldn't be an issue but who knows? Annie
She should ...she would be twice the president that the current one is. That said I do not like her very much but immensely more than the current one.
@Fortunata (1137)
Yeah, at least she'd do a better job of defending this country against terrorist attacks!
@bobmnu (8160)
Considering that it was the Super Delegates who gave the nomination to Senator Obama. Nancy Pelosi lost a lot of political clout after the 2010 midterm and she was a big Obama supporter. Right now President Clinton has a much higher favorable rating than Obama or Bush. Sect of State Clinton now has Senate Experience (when Congress had a higher favorable rating) and Foreign Relations experience. I predict that she will resign in protest over a Foreign Relations issue with the President. She can criticize him over the war in Iraq and Afghanistan because her finger prints are not on those two. Her hands are clean of the major foreign issues thanks to the President appointing so many Czars to handle different countries.
@dragon54u (31387)
Obama has lost a lot of key people recently. His presidency has always been iffy--no experience, no business experience, no real world living experience--and it's getting worse as his advisors leave. I think if Obama had some decent advisors he could possibly be an effective president. But at this rate, his term will be a disaster that will take decades to recover from. Clinton leaving will just make it worse.