Visiting Arizona. Sedona or Scottsdale?

@MegiMK (266)
I've started making some travel plans for 2011 and I really want to visit Arizona the February long weekend. However, I find it hard to decide between Sedona and Scottsdale. I'll be there for 3 - 4 days and I want to play some tennis and relax. Which one of the two would you recommend? Also, some specific hotel / resort recommendations are welcome as well. Thanks! :)
Scottsdale, rich people live there so I would guess that they have some good places to stay to keep the rich entertained. Well in Sedona there are good places to visit like the slide rock place.
I would recommend Sedona because it has some great views, I have been there and the air is much better up there though I haven't really been to Scottsdale and walk around to tell you what is in there.
@MegiMK (266)
Thanks, both places do sound nice indeed but, just like you, I'm leaning toward Sedona because it seems more "naturally beautiful" and less posh. Thanks for your advice.
@TeamCholent (2843)
During the past summer my husband and I went to Sedona and loved it! We stayed at an RCI resort but they have rooms for rent that had heated pools,laundry room,small tennis court,basketball etc. We took a few day drives to the Grand Canyon one day, another day to the ghost town of Jerome. The red rocks of Sedona are a sight!
@MegiMK (266)
Sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing your experience. What's the name of your resort? I actually have a week of timeshare I've deposited and I want to try to exchange it for my Arizona lodging.
Sedona Pines Resort. http://www.sedonapines.com/resort/resort-index.php
@MegiMK (266)
WOW, this is a beautiful resort. I will see if I can get it for the dates I need. Thanks for the link!
@coffeebreak (17820)
Only thing I know is when we went through Sedona, we hit a little historical town called Jerome. Old copper mining town. All the original buildings and history of the place. Pretty cool and a nice drive to get to it. Also I think it is Black Creek Canyon right there before Sedona...nice large stream running the length of the road...nice winding around down the mountain road. Very nice and relaxing to just hike along the creek for awhile.
@MegiMK (266)
Sounds very charming, thanks for suggesting it. But right now it looks like we're going to end up in Scottsdale. We want to spend most of our time playing tennis and weather for that seems to be better there. But will definitely keep Sedona in mind for future travel plans.