Are You Nuts?

@ifa225 (11098)
Indonesia
No, i am Chocolate. well, you must be laugh if someone answer you that way. have you ever seen that sometimes we speak with same word, but people interpret it with different meaning. there is so many ambiguous words, not only in english. but others too. if you see one my lot member here read the Tos adn faqs but have diffrent meaning, would you be mad or telling some rude words to make it her/him understand?
@mysdianait (63936)
I don't use rude words I just keep posting until I get my point across Hey it's freezing here today but if I tell you that I am hot what will you think? That is a word that I guess confuses many here, just like cool too. Hey I am hot because I have warm jumpers on!
@ifa225 (11098)
sure you don't..you are angel here.. but sometimes your words come right attack my heart what i do to get the point is reading and reading again. but honestly sometimes it can't help. but if you gave me a link to a discussion- not the faq itself-which describe what you mean, there i can get the point right away. hey ..i though you are hot because my discussion
@mysdianait (63936)
I know that sometimes my words are blunt If I post to another discussions as a refernce it is sometimes worthy of deletion because we cannot link and self-promote our own topics. I will tr to be gentle next time if I am dealing with you I just rushed to the shops to get some siggies and now I am hot because of that! hey that's cool that you thought that, but it's wrong! LOL
@ifa225 (11098)
the words are blunt and blur.. i hope i make the right words thanks that you want to be gentle with me..i hope there is no one would jealous ohh..here i ago making some wrong again...or mistake?lol
@inu1711 (5288)
Are you joking? I'm in the middle of a discussion with Saphrina who wants to convince me to accept some "whips" from her. With my English I am not so sure what she meant to say. What do you think?
@ifa225 (11098)
i am not jokier.. i guess you should back to her and try to get to know what she means. and i believe that she does not know what you are trying to say too
@ifa225 (11098)
maybe miss typo, probably what she means 'wipe' wipe the tears and get that happiness maybe that is the interesting and also the fun side of being different race and nationality.
@mysdianait (63936)
Looks like it's a whopping day on the Lot as I have seen whips mentioned in several topics. Or should that be a whipping day?
@sunnycool (12737)
I seldom visit the new user tab these days ... weird that i found your discussion in that tab today Nope i'm not rude to those who misinterpret TOS in here ... btw am i being rude to you nope right "live example" I'm quiet cool you know ... thats what my username says
@ifa225 (11098)
yeah..it strange.. i also don't get notification from your discussion that i had respond-or maybe you just not commenting it yet live example?...like being alien in the human world?? i can't believe that you are cool..let me make you hot
@sunnycool (12737)
Why are you interested to make all of us hot your hubby would be disappointed if he comes to know about it
@sunnycool (12737)
Sounds coool ... dont you think i have travel too far to have a peg in Ice bar
@Aaleexix (2291)
It is not right to be rude to the people who has not get the proper meaning. Without being rude we can indicate them that. Ambiguous word are the problem in communication. If other people means different than we want to mean creates misunderstanding. It the quality of people to demising misunderstanding. For friendly environment we need to be tolerant towards tiny wrong of people.
@ifa225 (11098)
Hi aalexix yeah..we should do that. it can help other member to understand my lot better, especially those who are not use English as their daily language. but sometimes we can detect that tiny wrong people here. thanks for participating and join in my discussion. love to wait your comments again here.
@Aaleexix (2291)
You have pointed out here the real fact. As most people who use mylot are not native English speaker so expressing proper way is difficult task for them. Hence people may interpret them wrong way. In this case if tiny mistake are ignored then it will help in developing friendly environment.
@ifa225 (11098)
i can't be better if i don't learn from other and my own mistake. sometimes i challenge my self to not getting down because my mistake. it is not easy, i need times to encourage my self.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes they are to be they want that they get the meaning write a way.
@ifa225 (11098)
Hi ebuscat. people have their won way to make one understand and get the point. and sometimes few people misunderstood too to what they mean.
You're right, there are some ambiguous words like dream as in "I had a dream last night." and dream as in "I dream to be a fireman someday." Those words can be so confusing and sometimes people misinterpret those and unfortunately lead to negative impressions. The last thing i go for whenever i'm in an online social forum or networking site such as myLot is to get myself involved in a flamewar or something. I don't want anything like that. It's good to explain yourself whenever you're misinterpreted by another.
@ifa225 (11098)
i also try to avoid that flame war. you have good idea here- try to explain when we get misinterpreted. i had seen that many flame war happens because mood too. sometimes a member mean to joke but other take it so seriously.
I do this all the time, usually on purpous when poeple use the wrong word. It is a way of being funny not critical on my part. it drives my friends crazy when thay ask a question obviously meaning one thing but literally another and I answer literally.
@ifa225 (11098)
Hi Toad, sometimes word can did some fun with us. i also often did that with the words that have ambiguity meaning. but only in my mother language. it takes more time for me to seek meaning in English. i have to re read and re vocal it so i can understand the meaning