Are you superstitious? If so,what superstitions do you have?

@didi13 (2927)
Romania
We had many superstitions when I was little ... if you pour salt,breaking the mirror, I have seven years bad luck ... or turn back if I do not go well, or if I am unlucky prevent the wrong foot, if the law prevents me I go well, do not cut me a black cat path and still very much ... but now there are. I do not believe in it. May you believe in superstition? ... What are they?
I'm really not that superstitious but i know some superstitions, mainly the very common ones like seeing a black cat will give you bad luck, encountering the number "13", walking over someone will make that someone shrink, those type of superstitions. I don't believe them coz i've proven them wrong. They only exist in our mental state. Of course, that's only my opinion but you have to read on what the others think.
@didi13 (2927)
13 is my lucky number!:)Happy New Year!
Hello didi Each country, religion has set of such stuff, what is unlucky, bad for one may be lucky, good for others, for me 13 is a good lucky number lol When a cat crosses my path, may be in a street, i am the first to move on, while others keep waiting for somebody to pass, they think, this person will take away the bad-luck with him.. Thanks for sharing yours Cheers. God bless you, have a nice day ahead. Professor ‘Bhuwan’. .
@hexebella (1138)
I never believed in superstition as our family never believes in them. I have heard a lot of superstition from friends and relatives since I was a kid but I still didn't believe. I grew up without superstition in my life especially after the time I was converted to Christian faith. However there was one instance in my life that I don't know if it has to do with superstition. The photo of myself and my husband was displayed in the living room, and one day it was accidentally hit by an object, it fell on the floor, the frame as well as the glass covering the photo was broken into pieces. I was shocked as suddenly I remember the superstition I was hearing in the past that it is a bad omen. After a year, my marriage broke up for no reason that I am aware of. My husband left me telling me that there was no problem from my side and the problem was with himself. I was thinking if the breakage of the photo frame was a warning of a bad incident that would soon to happen. Also in my childhood days, my Mom would experience a black butterfly that would come near her and will stay in our yard for some time. This happened not only once but several times. And each time she will encounter this, we will receive a news that a relative passed away. I don't want to believe these superstitions, but I am still wondering if this is just a coincidence or there is really a connection in or lives.
• Estonia
I don't believe in that kind of things. I've never had any proofs that these things work, so I don't believe them and don't bother with keeping eye on these things. My mother however does. I can't say she is crazy about this stuff, but she kind of avoid pushing the luck.
@MegiMK (266)
Superstitions are necessary weight some people place on themselves, in my opinion. And first of all, I call them OCD because that's what they really are. I can't imagine myself following some self imposed ritual, sequences of behavior, etc. Way too stressful. It's just not healthy... But whatever works for people, I guess. :)
@harry89 (2332)
I am not superstitious at all rather i hate it when people believe in superstitions. It is nothing more than a misunderstanding. There is nothing like that what people say. And i don't believe in these things and no one should do. Happy mylotting. Regards, harry.
When I was a child, I am always mad if someone will pass over me because it feels like I am not going to gain height anymore. In order to make things okay, that someone needs to pass over me again backward in order maintain its balance. That is my superstitious belief before.
@louievill (20366)
I'm not superstitious because mu Christian upbringing and education taught me that being superstitious is a form of spiritual bondage that would limit you to what you want to do, anyway I do sometimes do it for fun when I'm with friends like not passing under a ladder. Happy Mylotting