Mylot Fuss

@erikmama (12934)
Has anyone noticed that there seems to be many, many discussions the past few days about mylot? Yes, even I have started one and here I go again! Most of the discussions have been about other sites and people's comments about mylot, quality, etc. Why do you think there is so much fuss about the site going on right now? I know that since we are all members it is a concern for us, but there has been an explosion of discussions in the last three to four days. Have you been keeping up with all of the discussions and learning the do's and don'ts of the site? Have YOU started a mylot discussion?
hi erikmama I think a lot of us really do care about mylot, we respect the rules and get irritated when some come in and show'they do not intend to read the rules or use them to keep from getting discussions deleted. I feel we should all care enough about keeping mylot a great place to be that we learn all the does and dont's . But I have softened my views so as not to feel hurt when I am accused of caring what happens here as though it were stupid and bad to care.So I just wait now to be asked about anything on mylot, as help offered when its not wanted just breeds animosity.
@erikmama (12934)
Good afternoon, Ms.Hatley!! I can completley understand this. I have been here for nearly two years now(can you believe it) and love mylot as well.I think it is great to have those who car eand are always there at a drop of a dime to help out or state their concerns or opions about the way that things are going. I know that you have faced a lot of issues here for trying to care and help and I really hate that it has happened. I do not understnad why people feel the need to attack someone who is offering them help and has in no way been disrespectful to them. But I guess it is just life, and you can log on to mylot each day knowing that you are like the army-the few and the proud and strong! Go Ms.Hatley!
@buggles64 (2715)
Because it is like anything, one person brings it up...and wham, there's a flood of topics on the same post. It spreads like wildfire..just like gossip. Sometimes though, it takes one person to notice when things just are not right and have the guts to say or do something about it.
• Marion, Kansas
Discussions sometimes jog our memory about things we might want to say or see as well. Then we have to start our own, kind of taking off from what has already been posted then going on another tangent.
@erikmama (12934)
I think so. you see a discussion and think about something very similar or even something totally different but on the same topic. I know that a few mylotters-mysd, lamb are always on top of the mylot issues and it is great that we have them here to do that, and that there are members who care and have concern for the site. That shows what a great place it really is here.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
I like the section "Mylot" because of one reason - here we can show how much we care about this place which is mine as much as it is yours or to someone else. We share our time with each other, we exchange opinions, questions, answers and it's great for me when i see that there is some new and interesting discussion here, even if i answered to similar topic soon, but now the look is bit different, because the poster is different. Even some deleted questions were good in my opinion and they could stay clear view for some of us about some of the things which happen around.
@mysdianait (64082)
I care pasionately about myLot and its users but I purposely posted in another interest thinking that it might get noticed less. Boy was I wrong! Hey only a few more to go
@erikmama (12934)
Mylot is a wonderful place to be. So many good friends, good discussions, good fun here.
@mysdianait (64082)
As you know, my topic is about myLot but not referring to the site but its users, past, present and future. I have a bee in my bonnet for months now about this particular 'irregularity' and today it exploded whn I saw even more evidence. Mine is not 'a fuss' and IMO not a fuss about nothing, but something that has to, and will be, dealt with in the future. I think I know most (I did not say 'all' ) of the do's and don'ts and I am trying hard to understand those that are stopping me from saying 'yes I do know all of them'!
@erikmama (12934)
I didn't mean fuss per say the way that you took it, I just meant a lot of talk and issues going on with it right now. I know that I still do not know or understand a lot of things about the site. It makes me laugh when i see articles such as those in the links that i posted. People seem to say and do whatever they can for referrals or views, not knowing in the end that it will backfire on them/ I can understand why it is upsetting to you. I was just curious why all of a sudden almost half the discussions I see are concerning the site! LOL!
@mysdianait (64082)
The saddest part is that it backfires on ALL of us. They join and are dispappointed. Their upline is disappointed because they don't post We get to lose potentially great Lotters Look at the bottom of the page and see how many have signed up - but where are they all now?
@erikmama (12934)
I know. And it has been nearly two years since I signed up and joined mylot and during this time I can recall many discussions about such and such saying they earned 5 cents per post or a penny per line and other crazy things. Peole should understnad first and foremost that it is about making friends and haingf fun here, with the bonus of making money if quality content is posted. Perhaps we could post a set of mylot guidelines under some of these articles in the comments section so that hopefully people would read the m and know what mylot is really about.
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
This is absolutely true. I too feel we are uselessly wasting our times on issue surrounding mylot. Question answer or poll whatever you say they are still on, but the way of presentation has been changed in some. Many people are referring to the mylot faqs and different users airing different things which finally came to nothing. Hence I feel we should no more make a fuss about mylot.
@erikmama (12934)
I never said I thought they were useless. I am one that believes if you feel compassionalty about something, do what you can, and obviousally people love mylot enough to do that. I just didn't know why there were so many at once, because I do not think I had ever saw that many at once before.
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
So many at the same time equates to useless anyway. Just take it in positive sense. And you are right.
@erikmama (12934)
Probably so. But there are people on here who are willing to go that extra mile for mylot, and that is the point of many of these discussions. I do not think that if it is looked at in the light that it is meant to be it is useless at all.
I have not started any do's and do't type of discussion. and I believe that people start discussion with same topic because something is missing in mylot such as when you start discussion, it is not suggesting similar discussion posts and members don't bother about search option because it is operated with Yahoo search and there is no way to search only mylot topic.
@mysdianait (64082)
Yuo can search among the myLot topics by highlighting 'discussions' before you star to search. Then only dicsussions here on myLot will show up.
@erikmama (12934)
Caring At Mylot.com  - Hands coming to gether to show their love for our favorite site!!
Yes it is possible to search on mylot like mysd said,with the search bar under web/discussions/etc/ Most of the discussions are not the same, but possibly similar.I think it shows how much eople care for the site.
@PDBME2 (1023)
I try to avoid those discussions because sometimes they are deleted.
@mysdianait (64082)
Really? I hope that admin when he responded on mine would have deleted it immediately rather than let all of those Lotters discuss so passionately, only to find out later that their time was wasted
@bounce58 (17527)
No I haven't created a myLot discussion lately. But I think the reason there have been a lot of myLot discussions lately is that there have been a few new users here. I think instead of just reading through the guidelines, people just write discussions to get their answers.
@erikmama (12934)
Where have you been, Bounce? I think it is slacked off now, but for a few days it seemed like the first 5 in the "Hot"tab were about mylot!! I know there has been a lot of issues with do's and dont's of this site since I have been here. But I am glad that there is always osmetone there ready to help in any way that they can, and these mylot disucssions are great for everyone coming to gether to voice their concerns, opions, and ideas about it all.
@llbo1981 (1242)
Usually,i don't start a discussion about mylot community.I had considered mylot community as a good social networking place.And i can exchange my ideas and opinions to other friends all over the world,it is so great happiness to me
@erikmama (12934)
I really enjoy mylot and being able to come to the site and participate. I have made such great friends on here as well. But I do enjoy talking about issues with the site, etc. I had just noticed the past several days it seemed as if the majority of the discussions on here were about the site.
@lingli_78 (12852)
no i haven't actually... i do realise that there are few discussions about mylot... but i don't really participate on them... i don't have any complaints about this site... so i never created one... and yes, i have been keeping up with the do's and don'ts of the site because i had been here for more than five years now... take care and have a nice day...
@erikmama (12934)
Even if you do not have complaints about the site not all of the discussions are complaints. Is there any paticular reason you choose not to participate? But that is everyones choice as to what topics they choose to respond to and not to responf to and that is one of the best things about the site.
• Marion, Kansas
I have not started any of these discussions. It may be that many people have extra time off to be looking around at other sites if they are on any kind of a holiday break. Some of them have sprung up in response to discussions that criticized someone else. I think the day that the earnings did not update on time bothered a lot of people. In the course of these discussions we do learn more, and get reminded of things that we may have forgotten.
@erikmama (12934)
I do not know what day that was because my earnings have updates as far as I no of anyways. I do not think I have eber seen a time where there were so many discussions on here about the site, but I do not mind as it is always a fun topic with many people who are interested in it of course.
Yes...I have noticed that this week there are lot of discussions are going regarding Mylot forum. Lot of newjoinees are here...and everybody is curios to know about mylot!! How they are paying, what is the time, how much they will be getting payed for each post and all. I am also a newjoinee. Just started posting on last sunday. So kind of interested for all these discussion and trying to give my thoughts on all of them.
@erikmama (12934)
Reading the FAQs and guideline is the best place to start with that.However, even as long as i have been here I am sure that I do not know them all or understnad some of them. There is somuch there to read and to know, and most are eager to start earning money right away. Mylot is a wonderful place to be, lots of great,caring people here who are always willing to help. I welcome you to mylot and hope that you are able to get out of it all of the positive things that I have as well. Keep doing what you are doing, posting quality, and participating, and I think you will be just fine!
@eurekafemme (5881)
Hello there again, Erikmama. I have started a discussion but not about Mylot. The one that talks about has been deleted though. Well, maybe it is because it is the year end and we are evaluating how we fared here in Mylot. Some of us has not gotten into the do's and don'ts yet especially the newbies, thus, perhaps the post about this site mostly came from them.and as usual, those who are already familiar with the ins and outs are trying to help, thus responding or starting a discussion re Mylot. Have a happy holidays, dear. Enjoy the new year.:)
@erikmama (12934)
What was it about? Fom what mysd says, there is al ot of inaacuricies even here on the site from members who have been here a while, so not to sure about the newbies thing. You can't stop what people are going to say and do all to make a buck, but I sure hate that they do because it can really deter people who might actually enjoy using the site, like it almost did me with mypoints.com. It is great that there are members willing to so thouroughly discuss the issues surrounding the site as well as offer a helping hand when new people arrive, but if they have already been tainted with false information, I do not know that iwt will matter a lot.
@Austee (132)
I am new to mylot and I find it interesting. I am starting to like and love it. You learn new things and got to meet new friends.
@erikmama (12934)
Hi Austee, Richnai. Hope you two are kicking the New year off right, as I am sure it is 2011 where you are at, and again austee, welcome to mylot. Mylot truly is a family. We laugh, we cry, we scorn(when needed), we help, and we talk. It is a great place to get helpful advice and opions about anything. I hope that you will also find it as good of a place as we have. I am coming up on my 2 years withths site, and never imagined I would get the things that I have gotten outta the site.
@gabs8513 (48803)
No and No lol They always go through a Stage like this I am not concerned about it I don't know why People find it necessary to start all them Discussions
@erikmama (12934)
Well, it is a topic of interest to most of us since we are all members here!! LOL!! I find them to be helpful sometimes, interesting at tohter times, and of course, something to tak about!
Yeah, I just started one because my task has been pending forever and time is of the essence. I have no idea how to get my task to appear in the available section. http://www.mylot.com/nr/tasks/viewresults.aspx?t=10923
@mysdianait (64082)
If it YOUR task you only see it if you log out because it is not available to YOU.
@narnia007 (1051)
Yes recently,there were so many mylot discussions.I guessed the reason for that is,with the new year coming on,people want new changes in mylot and most of all a little more incentive or more ways of making more money from mylot.Thats what all the fuss is about.Nylot may take some useful suggestions,but we cant expect them to agree to our terms when it comes to earning money.
@mysdianait (64082)
My topic is not asking for more money at all. It is asking something about what is being said by others, falsely and incorrectly, outside myLot
@erikmama (12934)
Changes for mylot are a good thing. It is a social networking site that pays you for participation and making good freinds to help you with the ropes of doing it is wonderful.
Though I will take part in discussions that are in the mylot interest from time to time (ie like right now), I am almost positive that I've never started a discussion into this interest. The reason for that is that I like to discuss things that are going on in my life, and this is definitely not the category where I would be able to talk about the things that are going on in my life because my life doesn't revolve around mylot.
@erikmama (12934)
Most of the time I also post about events going on in my life, but latleyt lkfe has been pretty boring for me. Sometimes it is good to "get out of the box"and talk about other things, too, because sometimes my life can be a real drag...LOL..