Gissi and I are going to visit someone special

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48803)
United Kingdom
Tomorrow I will be away for the Day, as I will be visiting a Lady, that has been in my Life for as long as I can remember, it is my Mum's best Friend of 43 years I have not seen her since my Son was 18 months old, he is now 26 My Mum has not seen her in 15 years but they are always in touch, my Mum lives in Germany and that is why they have not seen each other that long This Lady can tell you a lot about me when I was little lol, including that all the tricks I tried to pull, she knew and would catch me out lol I used to ask her, how do you know, she always used to answer, been there, done that, remember Girl I was your Age once to She had a tough Life, her Husband was an Alcoholic, when he left the Army he would not work, she was holding 5 jobs and bringing up 3 Girls, in the end she kicked the Husband out as he was turning violent as well She would go without to keep the roof and Food for the Girls over their Head and Table She never gave up, she worked hard She would work Nights, get the Girls of to School then start 1 of her Day Jobs, then her second, get the Girls feed them, then get a couple of hours sleep once they had gone to bed and then got up for her first Night Job, while her Husband snored his head of When he left she had to give up the Night ones and had 5 Day Jobs so she could pay the Mortgage and feed and dress the Girls She did it and she is one strong Lady So tomorrow after 25 years of not seeing her I will be spending the Day with her and we are both looking forward to it very much She asked me not to make myself sicker by driving there but I told her that I will not be back up here for about 6 months so I am coming, I am in a bad way with my Lungs because the Air here is badly Polluted one of the reasons I moved away from here 4 years ago, so I am on my Emergency Tablets and when I get back the Nurse is coming to see me, I refuse to go to the Doctor here as I am worried they will put me in Hospital here and it is not very good So I will still drive to see her tomorrow as I have been looking forward to it now for 3 months I will be fine, lol, and spoilt while I am there with my favorite Meal The best will be just being with her, seeing her again So do you think Gissi will behave
Gaby how many times do I have to tell you that Gissi and I have a secret to misbehave so that he can come over to visit Auntie. Have a wonderful time with your lady friend, I will pray that your drive and health will be safe and great. As for Gissi he has been raised by a wonderful mum and will be on his best behavior for sure. If not Auntie will have to pat him on the butt. , then kiss his paws.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hahahahaha HWG Well he was good but he was being spoilt as well and was allowed to have his say and well just do what he wanted My Mum's Friend is a big lover of Dogs to and treats them like a child as well lol Of course Gissi soon realised if I told him to behave I would be told to behave and to leave the poor Baby be so he played on it lol Reni loved him specially the way he would talk back when you talk to him lol Hey there might be some Gissi babies on the go if my Boy plays it right when we get back home lol, his Girlfriend Roxy is in season
What my baby boy Gissi could potentially be a daddy some day. Tell Gissi he will always be my baby boy, no matter what.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol yes and we will be keeping one if he is But you are right he will always be the Baby no matter what
hi gabs do take care on your trip up to see her. I think its so wonderful you can see this great friend of yours and your mom;'s. She sounds very special to you. Oh you know Gissi will be Gissi and he will have your friend laughing her head off too. She sounds like a very strong and loving mom to work so hard for her five girls.why is it that women like her always seem to get stuck with jerks for husbands. Maybe its that maternal thing that somehow she hopes he will become a prince with her love and care,but jerks seldom do anything but be more than ever jerks. Anyway do take care. I am so sorry you have that dreadful smog too. I am so glad we do not live too close to LA as there is a mantle of ugly grey stuff always lying right above Los Angeles and when you drive into the suburbs you just choke on the stuff,it smells so bad. Here we get ocean wind and our air is alway clear, sometimes chilly but not smoggy.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Patsie We had a lovely Day and it was so great to see her again Gissi was actually on good behavior but as usual he got spoilt lol, my Mum's Friend is also a big Dog Lover, like me and my Mum she treats them like a Child She adored Gissi lol if I told him of for barking I got told of for telling him of lol As Reni said he has a right to have his say as well, so ok I kept my mouth shut while Gissi talked lol
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
HAPPY NEWYEAR, GABS,I think it's great that u are going to see this old friend. I know u really want to but please take care of yourself. I bet y'all have alotof catching up to do. I bet she is thrilled that u are coming. Y'all both enjoy every minute of your visit. Hope u will share the day w/uswhen u get back. I think gissi will be a hit just like she is everywhere she goes. hugs.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol Gissi was just Gissi and she loved him I was not allowed to tell him to interupt when we where talking as he sometimes does I got told of and told that he has to have his say to so I left him to it, the little Stinker knew it as well lol and made the most of it Of course he showed of his sit nice and puppy eyes which gets every one lol Happy New Year Sweetie with lots of love and Hugs
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
That sweet gissi likes to strut his stuff everywhere he goes, lol.Glad y'all had a good visit. love & hugs to u both.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol he certainly does, if he is going to be a Dad I hope the Puppies will be like him lol and like Roxy as she is a Sweetheart as well
@bunnybon7 (31646)
• Holiday, Florida
of course he will probably capture her heart and be the life of the party. does she have a little dog? i wonder. hopefully it will be ok with you driving over there. i wish you luck and lots of good time.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol he did capture her heart yes as she also a big Dog Lover I was being told of for telling him to behave lol She always has had Dogs but when her last one passed away last year she got a Cat as she thinks she is to old to have one now I told her rubbish She misses a Dog about though and she enjoyed Gissi while he was there
@enola1692 (3325)
that is wonderful to have a friend like that my best friend an I have been friends for 38 years , But while you are having a good time please take care of your health Gissi needs you healthy to chase him around
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Enola I am ok When I get home the Nurse will be coming out to me I was not going to miss the Chance of seeing her as she has always been like a second Mum to me
@enola1692 (3325)
well just be careful an take it easy
@gabs8513 (48803)
I will do I promise
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Gissi will be Gissi, no matter where he is or who he is with! But I am sure that he will capture the heart of your mum's friend when they meet, and of course, he will be the centre of attention! Enjoy your re-union Gaby, take lost of photos and share some with us when you get back home. Keep safe. Hugs xx
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Abbey He did capture her Heart, she is a big Dog Lover as well lol He did get spoilt I got TOLD OF for telling him to quit the Noise he would make at times lol He made the most of it believe me but Reni fell in love with him We where both in Tears when I arrived and when I left, she is a big part of my Life and I am so glad that I am able to go and see her again I hope that you 3 are alright please let me know xxx
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Good little Gissi - he never fails to get under the skin! Yes, we are fine here Gabs - we survived the recent floods although thousands of people were not so fortunate - some have lost everything. There have been 10 deaths so far and although the rain has finally stopped, the rivers are still raging. Many towns are cut off and isolated.
@gabs8513 (48803)
That is so sad I gathered that you where because I got an email from you and Cloud wrote to me straight away as well to let me know that they are ok I hope this does not happen again, it is so sad when People loose everything they have worked so hard for xx
@Lakota12 (42794)
WEll I know you will enjoy this visit buut as for Gissi not so sure ya know how he hates to ride. and meeting a new person lets just hope he isnt to bad hugsssssssssssssssssssssss
@gabs8513 (48803)
He had a great time and got spoilt rotten lol He loved every minute specially as he was allowed to do what he wanted Reni is a big Dog Lover to and he captured her Heart straight away hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
@Lakota12 (42794)
very very cool hugsssssssssssssssss
@royal52gens (5380)
Gissi better behave. This is a special visit for you. I am sure he will be good. Have a wonderful time and stay safe while traveling.
@gabs8513 (48803)
He didn't have to lol Reni adored him and his personality We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the Day being with each other
@jillhill (37354)
I hope you have a wonderful visit! I bet Gissi will not be a stinker....he will sense that you two need your time together! Drive carefully and take care that you keep yourself out of harms way!
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Jill She loved him and she spoilt him lol no matter what he did he was allowed to do it She loved his personality and well just Gissi
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Of course Gissi will not behave, but at least you will have lots of stories to come back and tell us! Have a great visit!
@gabs8513 (48803)
The Stories will come when I get back home lol He was spoilt well and truly by her which I knew because she is a big Dog lover as well and she adored Gissi
Did you ask if we think Gissi will behave? HAHAHAHAHA! Now you know if Gissi behaved, you wouldn't have any fun stories to tell us. We all look forward to hearing about Gissi's escapades and what the little guy is up to all the time. I hope you have a wonderful time and please take care of yourself. It's going to be fun for you to hear about everything that's been happening over the years and I'm sure it will be a nice memory for you. Hugs hon..
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Kash Well, Reni fell in love with him straight away lol as I knew she would And of course the little Devil was allowed to do what ever he wanted as well he got spoilt lol She loved how he always talked back lol and well we had a great Time The story will come when I am back at home Big Hugs
@ElicBxn (60016)
No, but you can threaten him of going to the V.E.T. if he doesn't. (Of course, we know its an empty threat, but he doesn't have to know that.) I spent a few hours with my friend who lost our mutual friend earlier this month. We are going to try and get together more.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol I could have but I was being told of for telling Gissi to stop barking and Reni said he has to have his say as well so I kept my Mouth Shut he even got a Dinner cooked for him lol the same as what we had he loved it and Reni loved him I hope that you do manage to see more of each other Life is just to short
@carmelanirel (21108)
That's cool that you are going to see your mom's friend, you may learn even more stories while you are there. As for Gissi behaving? Well, I think it depends on both Gissi and this woman and whether or not they hit it off. For your sake, I hope they do, the last thing you need is conflict between your dog and your mom's friend..
@gabs8513 (48803)
They hit it of but I had no doubts as she is also a big Dog lover and treats them like a Child, I was being told of for telling him to stop barking lol He was allowed to do what ever he wanted and of course he enjoyed every minute of the cuddles and all the Fun lol
Awww, I am happy Gissi enjoyed himself...:)
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Hi sweetie. I'm actually more worried about you. Take care, okay. And have a good time. Gissi will look after you then. TATA.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Sweet I am traveling back home tomorrow and I will have to call the Nurse out But do not worry I will be fine We had a Great time
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Glad to hear you had a great time sweetie.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Awww gabs, maybe it's just what the doctor ordered?! It just might be what you need, a little time away to see an old friend. Sometimes it takes something like this to make us better, not well per sa but better. I hope you have a wonderful time!! And Gissi needs to be a good boy and mind his momma. LOL LOL
@gabs8513 (48803)
We had a great Time and Gissi loved it Of course Reni fell in love with him lol and he was spoilt he was allowed to do what ever he wanted lol and enjoyed it It was wonderful to see her again, I will be visiting her again when I next come to stay with Mike and Mel
@Polly1 (12650)
Your day sounds wonderful, enjoy your visit. As for Gissi, we can always hope that he will be on his best behavour. Do I think he will be gentlemen, nope he will be a brat, hehe. Enjoy the special guy being a brat. As for your lungs, I hope that it won't be too bad on you. Take care, have a great day. She sounds like a special special lady.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol he was a brat but only because Reni let him, he got spoilt lol She adores Dogs and has always had one but when her last one passed away last Year she decided no more, she thinks she is to old to have one now I told her rubbish but she has a Cat now She loved Gissi and well he was allowed to do what ever he wanted
• Marion, Kansas
If Gissi does not behave he will at the very least enchant her. I hope you have a great visit, but you do need to take care of yourself as well.
@gabs8513 (48803)
She loved him lol and he was allowed to do what ever he wanted he was being spoilt very much lol and he loved it