Can you honestly say to yourself that 2010 was a good year?

how was your year 2010? - Evaluation of this year
@bounce58 (17524)
Now that we are on the treshold of a new year, people are all reflecting back to this past year. I see a lot of people being grateful of 2010 as it brought them a few blessings, yet I also read about people who's life was quite a struggle this year. Ranked against other years, all I can say is that 2010 was an OK year. Yes, I was grateful that I didn't lose my job this year, and that as a family we were able to do a few things, but overall it doesn't quite compare to years past. How about you? Personally, was it a great year? What made it great? Don't you get the same feelings that past years were better?
@MegiMK (266)
It was amazing for me, work was fine, so was health and relationships. But my best memory of 2010 will forever be the trip to the Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. It was such an intense adventure I can't even begin to describe it.
Wow I'd love to witness the Olympic Games too! (;
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello MegiMK. I was around the city for a couple of days too during the Olympics. Although I didn't really watch any events, and I was just around the city walking about, I agree that it was pretty intense. That's easy cecillecarmela. You just have to be in London next year. Or in Sochi in 2014!
2010 was a great year! My mom bought a new home and got the tax credit. My kids stayed healthy all year. My wife became a full time employee at her job. I never found a job, but I have found opportunities on the internet to make extra money. Never focus on the negative, good things happened to all of us in America. Remember that if you have at least $15.00 dollars to your name, you are richer than 92% of the rest of the world. Life is Goooood..............
@bounce58 (17524)
...if you have at least $15.00 dollars to your name, you are richer than 92% of the rest of the world. I have $20 in my pocket, and I already feel great! Thanks for this little tidbit. And I appreciate your optimism. Thanks for dropping by.
Your welcome, now don't go spending it all. May 2011 be your best year yet!
@erikmama (12929)
Well, it has been a very interestung year fier me to say the least. It is funny that you started this discussion because I was actually sitting here recollecting over the veents over the pat year. I made positive changes, I went through heartbreak, struggle, and triump, and though the year is almost done, I am almost there, Bounce. 2011 is gonna be so much better for me. I can say that for the first time in a long time I am happy. Depsite those who are trying to bring me down. I see a positive outllok on my future finally, and most of all, I am not full of anger and hurt like I have ben for so many years before. I thought I was gonna die before I got to the point that I am at now, but through it all I am still sitting here with a smile on my face. I really do not know what the future holds for me, but I know that I will do the best in my power to make it good me and my son and the things that have been part of my normal life are gone forever.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think if there was anyone I was a bit informed on how crappy 2010 was, it would be you erikmama. I don't know the whole picture, but from the things I could piece together here in myLot, I would definitely agree that you have had a tough year. And I am glad that you are facing the new year, a lot happier and full of optimism. So, I will look forward to more positive discussions from you this year.
It was one of the best years of my life! 2010 will go down as the year to remember for me. I left the US for the first time to go to the carribean for an all inclusive trip, awesome trip, glad I took pictures LOL. I also got engaged, received the greatest birthday gifts ever, and started playing the guitar. It will definately be hard to beat. Happy new year!
@bounce58 (17524)
I like your optimism and attitude Gameslayer007. It is great that you were able to experience all of these in 2010. And an appreciation like yours just deserve experiences that could even top these. Thanks for the response.
I do not want to seem totally negative, but 2010 was the worst year of my entire life. I am so looking forward to a fresh new year whereas I can have the new time to mend and go forward. I am grateful that I am healthy and alive if at best for 2010.
@erikmama (12929)
I do not know that 2010 was the worst year for me. I can say that it was full of heartache and full of pain, but at the end of that is a rainbow waiting for me. The end of the year has brought mending and healing for me and knowing that through of the BS I have went thourhg makes me stronger in some ways. I am also looking foward to the new year because I know that thigs are getting better for me in so many ways. I hope to be able to finally post some positive things on here for a change in the upcoming year, an I hope that 2011 is so much better for you as well.
Sorry to hear about that, I too feel that 2010 was the worst for me my entire life. I wish you a better year for 2011!
May we all be filled with many healthy and blessed years to come. Happy New Years to You both and all your loved ones as well.
This was one of the best years. I got to do many projects at work that Still look great And... I found the love of mu life and some great friends. I am no longer hopeless or alone. 2010 was great.
@bounce58 (17524)
Was it just this year when you found your 'love-of-your-life'? I thought it was already been awhile from all the discussion we've had here on myLot. I guess we just age faster here on this website. I hope that 2011 would be even better for you too!
I thought I was in love in 2009 but it was real. In February 2010 I fell for my fella!
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Yes, it was an okay year for me. But of course, every year could have been better. That said, I am pretty pleased with it... I managed to achieve a lot and had a lot of fun...
Life is what you make it. Your the only person that can seriously do anything about the things you don't like about your life. You and maybe a little luck.
@bounce58 (17524)
Like what I said in a previous response, 'okay' is I guess better than a hard year. And considering that you're the only who could do anything with it, declaring that you've managed to do a lot, is already saying something. Thanks for dropping by.
For me, 2010 is the most unproductive year of my life. All year, I'm just doing nothing at home and preparing for a licensure exam. I still haven't taken the exam because I'm still waiting for all the required paperworks to be finished so I'll be able to take the exam next year. It was really a very unproductive year and it's a bit depressing. I feel that the past years were all way better than this. And so, I'm looking forward next year because next year is the year of the rabbit and I was born during a rabbit year. After the exam, I'll be able to get a life, lol. It's just a few more hours before 2011 begins. Happy New Year to you!
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello EnslinPorter. I remember the time where I also took time off to take a licensure exam. I also remember being unproductive that year. Just before the exam, I enrolled in a review class. It was my way of doing something, just to shake off the unproductive feeling. Goodluck in your exam!
Thanks a bunch! I already took a review class by the way because the center had a discount promo. Currently, I'm studying on my own now until the exam day. Thanks and have a nice day!
@cloud31 (5811)
I really can't say anything about 2010 but the most I can say now is that Its not a favorable year for me and I'm hoping and wishing for a better year the coming of 2011 and start a new life with all matters in order.Goodbye 2010 and welcome 2011. I'm hoping the best for the new year comes!To put him all my trust, my entire hope and all! Wishing you a happy new year ahead of you too!!
That's the spirit. There's is plenty of people on here that seem content with being miserable through the holidays. Stay positive and look for the good in all oppurtunities, life is to short to be negative. If life poops on your windshield then hit the windshield washer button and keep going.
@bounce58 (17524)
There's been a lot of people here too where 2010 was also not 'favorable'. Hopefully, with all our positive outlook for 2011, most of us would have a prosperous year. In the meantime, I keep my windshield washer on always, and the wiper on to keep the life's 'poops' away.
@dodo19 (33708)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Overall, it was generally good. I did have my share of problems, but it certainly could have been a lot worse. It wasn't the worse year that I've had or anything like that. I don't have any major complaints about 2010.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think 2010 would fall into the category of 'just one of those years', same for me. It's when there wasn't really anything great or bad that heppened. I wouldn't complain too, but it's just hard to remember anything significant about it. Thanks for the response.
I can't say that 2010 was a good year or a bad year. It had its ups and downs just like all other years. Some years have more downs then ups but I don't think that there could be a perfect year in my past. And if anyone has had a perfect year, I am glad for them because having no problems during a year would be great.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello sassygirlanne007. That's what I'm afraid of. That 2010 had it's ups and downs like all our other years in the past, that it becomes not so very memorable. Anyway, hopefully this 2011 will be a better one. Thanks for dropping by.
2010 is a year that has changed my life. For one, I learned how to earn online is 2010, I also met my boyfriend, and a lot of people who I'll probably be friends with for the rest of my life. I'm a different person now because of everything that happened in 2010.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello for3verfamous. It's great that 2010 has been a starting point for you. Mine was 2009, when I started to earn online. Thanks for dropping by.
yes it was!! for me i just focus myself on seeing the good things had happened to me this year than the unpleasant ones. its better feeling and you should count your blessings than your misfortunes..=))
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello ever_purple. I think that's the right attitude. To focus and to count on the blessings. It would make for better prospects in 2011. Thanks for dropping by.
@freymind (1352)
Yes. You're right about it is an OKAY year. I also had struggles last year but that made me stronger and smarter now and though it was tough for me in all of the aspect in my life, I'm still grateful because I'm still alive and have a whole year ahead of me again.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello freymind. I guess we all need a few struggles to make us stronger and smarter. And whatever we have, we should always be grateful. Thanks.
I would definitely be lying if I were to say that 2010 was a good year for myself and my family. To put it in simple terms, the year started out with one of my closest friends passing away on the 1st of January and ended with our sewer clogged in our house to where we were unable to use our water for a period of time. In addition to that, it was no pleasure in between as my husband had to undergo two surgeries, his income was down significantly and he has had to deal with chronic pain. Yes, he did still have a job and yes we were able to keep our house but I really don't think that is enough to make it a good year.
@bounce58 (17524)
I could also definitely say that it couldn't be classified as a good year. Aside from the economic troubles, I also know a lot of families who've had drastic reduction in their salaries. I also hate having without water for a few days. I'd rather have no electricity than to be without water.
@JenInTN (27565)
I have to say it's been a really good year for me compared to the last. Financially there haven't been any huge changes but there were some emotional triumphs that I have to be thankful for. I think there have been better years scattered throughout but I am content with it. I am hoping that next year will be a good one too.
@bounce58 (17524)
Maybe it comes in waves... First it was emotional triumphs. And then maybe this year would be financial gains! Anyway, this time is certainly the time to be optimistic. So I share in your hopes that this will be a good one too! Thanks.
@ranelyn (30)
My life in 2010 is just good but i dont think very good but hopefully by the start of new year 2011 it will be good year for me?not just for me but also for my family and friends and for the rest of the people wish us goodluck for this year 2011
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello ranelyn. I wish you goodluck too! That you and your family find 2011 to be a prosperous year! Thanks and welcome to myLot!
@yetsa76 (56)
i thought 2010 was a great year compared to other years. Although here was a couple of set backs, my health got worse and my mental health didn't get any better. I stopped smoking, got engaged, put on weight, moved in with my partner, got my credit rating back, got approached with a business offer which is open to me anytime and a baby girl. So yes I can say this year was a good one. In 2009 I lost my voluntary job and hopes of been employed, ripped off, slagged off, lost my family due to the abuse they don't believe happened in my childhood.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello yetsa76. I guess if you had such a terrible 2009, then 2010 would come out as a better year for you. And I hope that you continue this trend in 2011. That it becomes even greater, and without the setbacks. Thanks.
No 2010 was a bad year for me. I used to be sick most of the time during the year. Also i was unable to continue the graduation because of my bad health. I hope 2011 will be a good one. Happy new year and keep on My lotting... :)
@bounce58 (17524)
Then I guess we know what you'll be working on this 2011. That is to make sure that you take care of your health, so that you can have a 'fuller' life. And that you get your education and graduation out of the way so you can also focus on the next part in life. Thanks.
not at all,atleast not for me.this year i lost my younger sister due to cancer,and now i am planning to make a clinic for the patient of cancer,so they can avail good treatment without any cost.also i want to do an appeal to all of my friends to quit smoking and kill the cancer.so take a resolution on the eve of new year that you would never smoke again.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello neelamrajeev. Sorry to hear about losing your sister. Although I don't smoke myself, I join your appeal to all who do. I know smoking causes cancer and everyone should take heed. Thanks and welcome to myLot.