role of woman..

@pit33pit (534)
Indonesia
there is a woman's expression is a pillar of the country if women are better then country well. what is your opinion about the emancipation of women? how far should the role of a woman do you think? please share.
In my opinion, that is not the way to think of it. You are thinking of people as men or women, not as individuals. I do not want someone thinking "Look at that woman doing that" I want them to think "look at Rebecca doing that." I am an individual, just like every woman and every man. In my household: I handle the money because my husband, even though he is 7 years older, has no clue about money. He can't keep track of his spending and has no willpower to resist little impulse purchases that add up to lots of debt. He has no talent or interest in long-term or even short-term financial planning. He gives me the money he makes, and I make sure the bills get paid, and our savings are added to, instead of depleted. Many men would feel embarassed by this, but he doesn't. He is proud that I am so good with money and also happy that he has a roof over his head and doesn't have to worry about it! He, on the other hand, has more patience with the baby. He will pace back and forth holding her when she is crying a lot, and I'm glad he does, because as much as I love her the sound of crying for a long time is too much for me! He also does the cooking, because he loves to and is good at it. I don't like to and I'm not as good. We share other chores according to what we like to do. I will be going back to work soon because I am better at holding a job and making money! So you see, my role is not very "female" but it is very "Rebecca"! His role is not very "male" but it suits him just fine! I think the role of any person should go just as far as he or she wants it to go!
@jennyze (7048)
Bravo!
@pit33pit (534)
good opinion. thanks
@buggles64 (2715)
In my opinion, it is an individual preference. Some women are happy staying home "keeping the home fire s burning" while other women are much happier in the corporate world. Me? I like being at home with the kids, planning around and doing things with the kids. If that's an option than that's what I would choose. I've seen both sides of the coin and I like this one he most. I do think though, that women should still have a right to vote and should receive equal pay for equal work.
@pit33pit (534)
good opinion, please explain about keeping the home fires burning.
It certainly is a preference and qualification matter. I do not believe today there is any such thing as a role of a woman really. I mean with divorces on the rise how do men function at home. As when the woman is now spouseless how will she function? So you see when you ask about expression is a pillar of the country many men have failed just as much as a woman can.
@jennyze (7048)
There are some tasks that women still do despite of the era and how important she is; like giving birth, nurturing children and keeping a healthy and happy household. While there are some improvements that women can do despite of any religions, like: becoming the nation leader, becoming the top scientist, becoming the top in the military command.
Women should enjoy all the same rights and freedoms as men. True, there are some things men do that women cannot. But, women should be paid just the same as a man when they perform the same job. I don't think there should be any comparisons.. men and women are equal.