What is a GOOD dog food for allergies?

unfortunately i do not know which ingredient it is that is setting both of my dogs off but one is ripping his fur out and itching even though we gave him an oatmeal and aloe dog shampoo bath.. my other dog gets ear infections which the vet said might be an allergy (never would have thought that!) and shes gotten to where she just lies around and her arthritis is really bad (i read that allergies can make them tired and not want to play.. im hoping its more of that than the arthritis bugging her) is there a food that is good and doesnt include a lot of the common allergies prone ingredients?? im willing to pay as long as it makes my babies healthier!! they are on pedigree and one dog was on beneful (before i got the second dog) and it made her have some toxic gas.. also had been on alpo.. i thought pedigree was a good brand so im clueless on brands and what to look for... anyone have a brand that is good for dogs with allergies?? or at least has less allergy causing ingredients? they are both in the large dog category one is 50lbs and the other 80lbs.. so i have to take that into consideration.. thanks!!
To answer some of your questions, Lamb as the only meat source has been reported to have less of an allergy to dogs. But there is also something else I would like to suggest to you. All of those Wal Mart brand dog foods are NOT good for your dogs. Pedigree, beneful and Alpo are all filled with, well, fillers. Fillers = Allergy. You need to go with a holistic dog food (which can be found at your local pet shop) The cheapest I believe is "Chicken soup for the dog lovers soul" It is not going to be as cheap as the filler food you've been feeding them, but it may help with the poor health of your dogs. Although, there may be no guarantee that switching will eliminate the allergy, there is a decent chance that your dogs are allergic to the fillers (corn meal, chicken meal instead of real meat, and oats and such) Dogs should be getting as much real meat as possible. So flip that bag and check the ingredients. If the first ingredient is some kind of wheat or corn meal, or even "chicken meal" (which is the beaks, feet, and other parts humans can't eat) ditch the bag. Your local pet shop should be able to educate you on this. Good luck :)
i switched them to blue buffalo which is supposed to be good and they are having great results.. i havent heard or seen the chicken soup for the dog lovers soul but it has an interesting title lol
@dogsnme (1266)
I doubt it's possible to simply point a finger at any one dog food brand and say that is the one causing the allergies. It could be any random ingredient that is found in any given dog food that is the culprit. The same would go for any kind of shampoo or any other dog product. I feed all four of my dogs pedigree and have for as long as I've had them and they have no problems. What affects one dog may not necessarily affect another dog the same way if at all. What I'm trying to say is that you may have to talk to your vet to see if there are any tests they can do to determine if and what your dogs are allergic to or it may be that you might have to try different products and go through a kind of process of elimination to determine the cause. Then again, maybe it's not allergies. Maybe it's something else. I would think your vet would be able to help you find the problem. I hope you get the problem solved. Good luck.
the vet assistant seemed like he thought we should get an allergy test on them but the vet blew it off.. i got them on blue buffalo and they are doing great so hopefully it was just the food and it be over with