Which book have you been strongly influenced?

Ecuador
Books could influence you in a strong way. The influence could be positive, as it also can be a negative one. I think that most of the time, people is positive influenced by the books they read. Unfortunately, there are some books that could have a negative influence on people. There are some books written by some questionable personalities, Adolf Hittler, for example. Have you been negative influenced by the books you read? Do you think that we should only read the books that we know would have positive influences on our lives? Thanks for sharing your opinion.
• Pakistan
Books definitely influence our lives. And the influence may or may not be a positive one. But to say that books drive you to act in a certain manner is quite impossible. The lessons learned from any book depend upon the reader and since no reader has similar intellectual makeup, meanings gleaned will vary too. Some will develop a constructive and optimistic attitude while others will find only pessimism and misery and there those who will find oppression, persecution etc. I think its the mind set of the reader that determines it all. As for questionable writers, well this is the beauty of being born in a free world! You are free to write, free to read, and free to interpret. Happy reading and happy mylotting!
• Ecuador
totally agree. Thanks for the response.
• Pakistan
Thank you for honoring me and i hope you continue to post interesting discussions on mylot.
@auyuelin (233)
Yes,there are some books contines something not so good,but from my perspective,we should read all kinds of books to know more and we need to have the ability to know whether it is a good book or a bad one.
• Ecuador
The same opinion than me. But I think we should be responsible, and don't let us be influenced by some of the ideas of the writers.
@cher913 (25890)
never been influenced negitively by a book that i can recall. positive influencial books include the Bible and the book called 'Bird by Bird' by ann lamot.
@Liliac26 (558)
Books are good. I've never been negatively influenced by any book in my life. If I don't like the book, it won't have any influence on me. Granted, I didn't read any ideological works, such as Mein Kampf, nor do I intend to. But if I did, I really hope I'd know better than to let myself be influenced by anything written there.