What if there was no internet?

As for me, I wouldn't have made pen-pals as I have been able to so far, I wouldn't have got the flair for writing kindling which I had had once upon a time and left it after a certain span. I would not have been able to be flexible in my workplace. I wouldn't have realized that how small our world is, how alike we are in our thoughts, how quick I can be on keyboard, quicker than paper or pen...
• Slovenia
If there was not internet... people would socialize in person again :D If there was
Distance would continue to be a factor though and time would be precious. But we would get back that personal touch, the longing to meet each other, frequent get-together, a price hike in the transport of course, and letters written in original handwriting and long hours of waiting for the postman. There's a certain sweetness in that longing. However considering the global warminng affecting health and other factors we are uncertain of our longevity howmuchever we try to control our diet or add supplements of vitamin tablets in our meals. It's true we'll get a snail's pace progress though but somewhere the personal touch matters.
@isloooboy (1741)
• United Arab Emirates
filip I agree with you and already missing some good get to gathers because of this addiction. Although we get all answers regarding our problems but we miss the important natural ingredients in our life.
Though we get a platform to interact with many people if we come online to chat, yet the personal touch, the physical presence that creates a difference in the ambiance cannot be ruled out. When we laugh in each others' presence, we laugh together and we laugh long..:)
@shibham (17025)
hi... Simple answer. I would not meet you ever... lol. Take care.
ha..ha...we would have still if we were destined to, may be at a different place in a different way...internet cannot interfere with destiny. What say you?
@LaDeBoheme (1963)
As someone from 'the dark ages', I can testify that my life was far from 'very boring without it'. Au contraire, we played games too, only we got up and out and active. And you know what? There was no obesity epidemic. We used something called imagination. We read books and magazines and newspapers. We had friends and we knew their real names. And we had privacy. Our lives were not open to the entire WorldWide Web. We did have lives before the internet. But don't get me wrong, I agree, the internet is a wondrous place. It has made so much available to us and it definitely makes life easier.
Nothing has changed as much if we think. We did have a life and we did did not suffer from the obesity epidemic. We still have the imagination, the tendency to meet, make friends in place. We still are the same we. Thank God we as of yet have not turned into machines, which I feel we'll surely be once our technology advancement reaches its zenith.
@magicchou (163)
That would be terriable! I am used to log on the internet to comunicate with my friends who are far away. Besides, I like watching interesting video clips. What is more, I'd like to search the resource about English listening materials. If there was no internet, there will be less entertainment and less progress to a single person as well as the whole society.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me you feel not good to it ans no adultery happened and divorce.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
oh probably I would still be in the library doing research, checking students' assignment manually, typing in my old typewriter, sending letters through post office, gosh, internet made life easy but I still miss my old habits and routines!
If there was no Internet then I think it would be a sad return to the dark ages! The Internet has changed life as we know it and I rely on the Internet a lot. Can you imagine what it would be like to live a life without My Lot? I love writing as well and the Internet has made this a possibility. There's also the friendship issue! The world is a much smaller place now as a result of the Internet and I feel that it's just getting smaller and smaller by the day! There's one other thing I just have to mention and that is, there would be no secondlife! You know, that 3d virtual world? I love to go in there from time to time and live a life through an avatar! Andrew
I think that we would all boil down to a snails pace. Nothing much would happen in this world as it has in the past thirty years since we started on the internet. My life would be very boring without it. I write and chat and play games and learn and all sorts of things. I can travel to nearly any pace in the world on the internet.
@cher913 (25895)
i am a historical information junkie and while i love the library (i go there once every week) i find it handy to look up things on the net when they pop into my head.