Work and missing days

I was on a 2 week non paid vacation right at Christmas time which I really think was all kinds of wrong, where I work it is me one older man and one lady who used to be the supervisor and my boss and I had left there because there was a girl that was working there that I just could not take anymore and I told them just wait you will see how physco she is and sure enough she blew up and got fires so they called me back well I was supposed to go back this Monday but I went to the emergency room because I have had a pin in my neck and shoulder to the point where I did not hardly sleep for 3 days and I was given a doctors note that I could not return back for 3 days and they said the boss he was complaining which to some extent I can see why and my husband told me your health is more important do what the doctor says I woke up at 5 a.m. today and tried to go but I was still in a little pain, so I did not go and he told the girl there that I always talk to on the phone everyone is complaining about money but someone is not here meaning me, first of a;; they called me back when they fired the other girl and second of all I do have a doctors note and I really do want to go back to work and I am not supposed to for another day but I am going broke siiting here but it is so hard to drive with a neck brace on and the pain coming and going what would you do?
I understand what you are going through I have been a similar situation, unfortunately it was due to my health, my grandmother got very sick quickly and my mom and I were all she had, so I was forced to call in a few days. Mind you I was going with no sleep, because we would wake up at 5AM be with her the whole day going to the emergency room and being sent back and coming back home just to shower sleep maybe 3 or 4 hours and start right back up again. I even sometimes spent the night with her until she was finally admitted. But going back to the topic, my supervisor at the current time, thought that my grandmother was nuisance and that my mother could take care of her and that I was needed. Your talking about the women that raised me practically my whole life, how can I not be there with her. After that conversation, I spoke with my mom about it and she was in shock that someone could be so cruel as to say that to another human being. The next day, I called him and practically told him that he can stick the job up his rear (in a nice way and politically correct). But your husband is absolutely correct, your health and life is more important than a job. You have to think about yourself and your husband, because I am pretty sure your boss isn't. And if god forbids anything does happen to you, he's not going to care, you'll just be hurting the people you love and care for you. So stay home take it easy get better, I know times may seem tough, but it will get better so will you. Hope you feel better...
Okay thanks and sorry to hear about your grandmother, is she okay now? Well thanks for your response and advice and have a great day!!
No, unfortunately she passed away during that incident at the particular job, so I am glad that I put myself first in prespective, because I got to spend every last moment with her until she passed. And I would not have had it any other way, no job is worth that type of regret you might feel afterwards.