If they don't do it.......You will

@missybear (11396)
When I was a kid my mom hated it when I didn't clean my room and especially didn't make my bed. I knew if I didn't do it she would do it cause she got tired of looking at a mess. Now I have the same problem. I think my honey knows that if he doesn't do something { Like clean up his computer desk} I will eventually do it cause it drives me crazy sitting at a dirty desk { Food crumbs, Dust, Rings from Glasses and lots of little pieces of paper everywhere } Does someone have you trained to clean up after them cause they know "If they don't do it you will"
@JenInTN (27565)
No way...LOL...my girls try to work me all the time but to no avail. There have been times when I jump in and help them but it's only when I know they are really trying. Otherwise I take privledges and their room stays a mess. I close the door. They are not usually wanting to do without things so they get it done. Now if it's any other part of the house..I'll do it but will raise he!! all the way.Maybe not that much he!! but they know I am not happy. When I was little though...my grandparents barely made me lift a finger. Now when my girls were smaller, I did do a lot of their cleaning.
@missybear (11396)
My poor mom went through hell with mebut now I'm just like her...I can't stand clutter and dust and an unmade bed
@JenInTN (27565)
Thanks for the best response!
what goes around comes around. :) life has it's way of teaching us lessons.
@missybear (11396)
sure does
@Janexiao (173)
Haha, me either. When i am at home, i don't do anything, because my mother do it for me. Sometimes i feel that i am so lazy, and i want to help my mom, but she doesn't want me to do it. i don't when i have my own family, will i do everthing like my mom? i hope so
@missybear (11396)
Nice mom, she probably figures you would only get in the way. Some people like doing things their own way. My mom is like that too.
@asliah (11149)
hi, when i was a kid, i dont know how to clean my room, and wash our plates,even cook food, and now i am alone and separated with my parents, i need to learn them all,and i did it, now i clean my own room,cook food for me,and wash my plates. because no one will do it.
@missybear (11396)
That's the downside of being alone...you have to do everything yourself
I wouldn't say I'm trained very well on this aspect. But I'm the only one who'll do something about it when it comes to a point and it's just too much mess for me to tolerate. But even working on the opposite principal that if they don't I'm not and I'll keep on them about it... still doesn't work.... I feel like I"m talking to myself. But if company is coming over well then they can clear their dishes and help me clean this mess up.
@missybear (11396)
Well at least they help when it's important
@Opal26 (17691)
Hi missy! I would have to say that I might be somewhat guilty in being the "messier" one in my home too! I know that my bf has OCD and if something is messy enough he will usually get to it before I will or make a big enough deal about it that I end up cleaning just to shut him up! That is usually the fight about "dusting/polishing" the furniture. I see the dust, but can live with it for awhile. He can't. He says everthing in the house is "filthy"-that is quite an overstatement-Hence his OCD!
@missybear (11396)
I always see dust too but sconi seems to never see it go figure. He always tells me "We live in the desert" what do you expect.
actually it's the other way around with me...
@missybear (11396)
So you're the messy one
i am constantly clearing up after my five kis and they are all 11years plus i think we all go through this as parents/carers.I have tried to leave it and let them live in the mess but i cant leave it as it drives me insane,but as you can see for yourself its still a issue years later so it tells us to be a stronger person and persist with making them do it as it will just be a vicious circle otherwise
@missybear (11396)
I don't think I ever break him of his messy habit.