being a great friend to yourself and then a good friend to somebody else

@talker1 (148)
New Zealand
all of my life i have been the best of a friend others and quite frankly when i think about it now it hasnt really served me much purpose as i have gotten older so now i am deliberate in my mission when i make friends in that i have my own mental pysical and emotional wellbeing in mind and that comes first. i think that in order to be good to others you need to be exeptional to yourself first and formost otherwise you are not doing yourself or those you become friends with any favours and the relationship wont be as you or they want it to be.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
Yes, I agree, one must be a friend first of herself before she can be to others. Loving yourself is the first thing one must do so he can share love sincerely and devotedly. Love as others may love you, forgive as others forgive you...be a friend, then others will be one with you!
@Lore2009 (7389)
I compleeeetely agree with you. That is like the best thing anyone can really do for anyone.. which is to make yourself healthy and happy.
@buggles64 (2715)
Of course I agree with your philosophy, because how can you be a good friend, Mom, Grandma, Aunt, etc..unless you love yourself first. Friends come and go, but you will always have to answer to yourself. You live with yourself everyday, and if you can't be happy with yourself, you won't be able to bring a smile to anyone else's face either.