Going Home

By Toni
I have my own house with my husband and my son about 70 kilometers away from my parents's house and my siblings. Every weekend i go home to be with them all and to share responsibility with them in our company! My relationship with my family is something that i cannot ignore even though i have my own already. We have this bond that we can't just stay away from each other even though we fight with each other sometimes. My siblings are all what's left of my family and they are so much more important to me. So I am driving home now and i will see them and maybe start a fight again hahaha!
@cutepenguin (6458)
I don't live very far from my parents, so I see them for dinner once a week. I wouldn't go stay with them as I am building my own life with my husband and son. But I like to visit them and see my sisters and my cousins a lot.
@ladygator (3469)
I think thats great since there are so many people out there that just dont bother to attend to their parents. Just stuffing them away in a home seems the norm more and more today. Its good that you are close also. When you go home do you take your husband and child? I would hope so, unless you see your family as much as your parents during the week.
I am the only daughter of my parents. Even though I already have my own family, I still find time to visit my parents and to have chat with them. Just to update what's happening about us and I want my son to know his grandparents. We still need to value the first family (parents, siblings and other relatives) we had. In times that we have troubles in our own family (husband and children), they are the first ones we ask for help. Maybe that's why there are still clans who plans their reunion every year. This is a good time for them to know each other and what's happening to them ;)
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Toni, It is really great of you that you are open and feel family and relationships are special. Hope you enjoy each time you guys are together and have lots of fun ...(and the sweet fights too)
Wow!! How lucky you r!! I go home 2 times a year and that too for 3 weeks each time. And I used to enjoy there like anything. My mom cooks my favourite dishes at that time. And everyday I and my sisters hang out to different places. I feel home is the sweetest place in the earth. Everyday in office when I spend 8+ hrs in having confrontation most of the time, then when I come back to my flat and talk to my famile, I feel like Iam in heaven
@pit33pit (534)
family relationships are very close and happy, salute to you.
@auyuelin (233)
Yes,though you often fight with each other but you love each other,nothing can seprate the relationship between parents and children because you love with each other.The love between parents and children are the most real love,
@thanks1961 (7049)
Wow, nice topic. You do it. This is the way we need to keep up our relationships. I like your way of doing. We need to respect or parents and we should keep in touch with with as they are valuable for our life. NOw-a-days, once got married, people wont' wont find time enough to keep the relationship strong and pleasant. In your case I feel you are the right person to give incentives to others. Be with parents and siblings is a wonderful experience and we always need to keep a healthy relationship with them, the way how you are doing. As I am too much away from my family members, I could not meet them regularly. Still I would call them regularly and make a lots of fun. In fact these fun and fight is a happy moments and those who do such things only know how good and worth it is. Thank-s
@asliah (11149)
hi, going home is my favorite time after my work, i am so excited to see my home and to be homed, because i miss my pet,,and i miss to lie into my bed.
@Kalyni2011 (3503)
I feel so happy to see this discussion, we have our own home after marriage, but that does not detach us from our parents and siblings in any way, i am 58, my dad is no more, but mom is there in the same city where we live, i visit her atleast twice a week Now i am with my elder son's family, 14 hours by train, but i ring my mom daily.. Thanks for sharing, have a nice time lol.. kalyani
I am the only child of my parents and I'm not that close to my relatives. Even though I already have my own family, I still find time to meet my parents and have chat with them, just to update us what's happening to us and I want their grandson to have bonding with them. When we encounter personal problems with our own family now, they are one of the first persons we ask for help. Maybe that's why there are still clans who are still having their annual reunions ;)