Am I a MyLot Freak?

I don't know what to write. Here I am sitting in front of MyLot. MyLot looking at me and I at MyLot. What to write? I don't have a topic. I felt have I lost the power of thinking? I have the power of writing when all at once my eyes fell on the topic 'Rate this Discussion'. A scurry of thoughts passed through my mind. Am I a MyLot freak? waiting for others to rate my discussion and writing looking forward to it? or is it just the love for it that has taken me here this far? If so, then why am I not getting a tangible topic to hold my hands on? And then I find my fingers flying. It comes almost naturally just as thoughts or sleep comes to us. This again reminds me of my tenacity to view topics, responses, responding and rating them. This takes most of the time and after I leave this site I feel a sense o achievement. Internet has to a certain extent done some good in bringing up this site where a continuous self-analysis is taking place and in the process I can get others help me. What do you think?
hi aparajita yes when you use you and you own problems here you tend to touch on things we have all experienced at some time here and it makes it fun to respond. I thought myself a freak too at first but I found I had a lot in common with people from all over the world. so sometimes just thinking about yourself and mylot can give you topics that are not done as each of us is unique' and have different needs and slants on things. I too feel a sense of accomplishment when I leave too. and I have been here for over three years now.
From the number of your responses and your response that came earlier than expected to this topic, now makes me feel that the 'freak' tag should be deleted. When there is no harm done and people do find sense in what I am writing and can find that they can relate to others just as I am doing I can as well take your response as a compliment. Thanks...:)
@cachalot (60)
For heaven's sake, you're not a freak! You sound like a very sensible person to me. We all suffer what is usually described as "writer's block", even the most productive writers. It's writer's block that prompts me to respond rather than to start discussions. You seem to be using MyLot as a kind of therapy, and I think that's a great idea. You learn about others and you learn above yourself. I am finding that, too. But I couldn't claim to be doing a continuous self-analysis. If I were you, I'd continue using MyLot as you wish. I suppose we all use MyLot for reasons other than to make some money. So, good for you, I say.
I like your take on the word 'therapy'. Yes it is a kind of therapy which is equivalent to healing some parts of ourselves which have become blocked or inactive due to some reasons.
Well i guess all of us turn into mylot freaks as you have and maybe i have become one too. I don't know which discussion to start at times because most of them have already been taken or done before. And if i do anything which is against rules my discussion might be deleted! It's been a long time since i came up with a really good discussion. Once i made one which got me 77 responses! After that i have not been able to make good responses or discussions either lol! Cheers!
77 responses!!!!! and what was that??? plz share..:) I think if you could not make it to that later is because you thought you were the best and stoppped responding to others..
I too feel so after joining mylot.i think i have started to think a lot on topics that i could start a discussion.I'm watching what i'm doing,so that i can start a topic on whatz happening.mylot is really interesting than other sites. a lot of discussions, lot of knowledge gathering and above all,great satisfaction to mind!Mylot is really good.
Yes, we can just as you said keep a track of what is hapening, what goes for the general lot and this increases our power of thinking. In the process, it also helps us understand ourselves and help us take a new look towards life. There are many peeoplle who know much more than us and sharing their knowledge is not only fun but ennobling too.
Self analysis is a very good thing. And always a good topic for discussion. Having a sense of accomplishment and achievement must feel very good. I feel that way at times too. Like when someone really gets what I am trying to convey and comes back with some really thought provoking response. And that leads me to start another discussion. Its a great chain reaction.
Yes..a chain reaction..for which a sense of achievement is the catalyst..:)
So we must stay true to that.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
what if you try to ask questions and discuss about something that has a great meaning for you like telling us something that happened to you or ask something that you really are seeking for the answer? everytime i don't know any trending topics to talk about here, i get my box of questions and believe me it's full. we all have one question or another and internet is the best way to get those answers and when it's an opinion we can get many type of them
This place does give a lot of space to express ourselves freely however we want. Whatever we ask is answered and then we do get a sense of direction. At least I did.
@franne32 (695)
Just like what I'm doing, I rarely start my own topic anymore just answering others' topics so I won't have to think too much on what to write and I may be helping others as well while I'm at it. But it's good that you're trying your best to come up with ideas on what topic to discuss. It makes myLot much more exciting considering people do love the site as well based on their thoughts on any topic under the sun.
Thanx for your response. I don't evenhave to try my best sometimes to think of a new topic.It just comes and I am naturally motivated.
@anitoton (390)
• Kolkata, India
hi aparajita.when i joined mylot i used to post threads now and then.and oneday i ran out of topic.then i discovered the post i made before was on simple topics and the i found actual me.now when i post a thread i always get a good response.and also i get some good ideas from mylotterrs.some times i post my own problem in generalised manner most of the time mylotters solved it. so i am thankfull to mylotters and mylot.
@lingli_78 (12845)
i don't think that you are a mylot freak... it is natural that people want their work to be looked up upon and recognised... there is nothing wrong with that... also, we will feel a sense of achievement and will be more motivated to perform even better in this site if we know that our works here are being appreciated... again, it is just a natural thing... take care and have a nice day...
@krajibg (11939)
• Guwahati, India
Hi aparajita, When I was quite new here on mylot. I too had a similar experience. As if I had no other works and just log in to mylot and remain occupied. Too much of everything is bad. You would agree I guess. Bring the activity to the normal ration and donot let your important work left undone.
@voldrox (7204)
Hello aparijita, That is why i don't start topics frequently here, i just love to respond to others. If i find something interesting to say then i start a topic, till then i keep posting on other discussions. I read a lot of comments too, it takes time (and money) lol, so i try to post something instead of just reading. But there are times when just reading gives you pleasure and you don't know how to get included into that by posting something there. We have great friends here, who would always make us post without thinking much.