Wanting to Know but Scared of the Answer

I have had something that has been bothering me for a long time so I finally told my friend well my supervisor who is also my friend, and she said I should just ask but I am so scared of knowing what the answer will be and even if I would get one not sure that I would, but IF i did I am so scared it would just crush me if it was not the answer I wanted to hear, she told me you will never know unless you ask. Have you ever been so scared to ask someone something and how long did it take for you to ask them?
@Lance26 (957)
Having that thought in mind is already a mental and emotional torture for you. Take the advice of your supervisor, face it and prepare yourself whatever the result is. As for me, I am the type of person who would want to know all regardless how bad it may be. It's all about acceptance. If you can accept things then moving on will be easy.
That is so true I really need to know the answer but I am just so scared of what it might be like something I don't want to hear like a bad answer, but you are absolutely right it is torture not knowing and always wondering!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Jahernandezrivas. No never had something on my mind and not asking. It would drive me nuts to hold in something so I am an open book if I want answers I ask. The only thing that makes me have fear is if I am not good enough for our LORD. I do what I think is best and pray it is good enough. I don't like things hanging over my head so I get it out in the open and over and done with. Most likely the questions you want answered are going to be positive. After all you are a positive person so it can only be good. My response to you is it is better to know then not to know! Good luck and God bless you each and everyday!
Thank you so much and I am going to be asking the question soon because I can't take it much longer!! Have a great day!!
@lingli_78 (12852)
curiosity will kill the cat... that is what a saying says... i will just take the risk and ask the person for the answer even though i know that i might not get the answer that i want... this is life... we don't always get what we want and i had learn the hard way... so i suggest you just go ahead and ask if you are really curious of the answer rather than keeping it inside you... it is unhealthy... take care and have a nice day...
Yes I have heard that saying before and I know it is unhealthy because you are right I am a big stress ball wondering what the answer might be whether it is what I want to hear like I want to hear a good answer but I know there is a chance I won't get a good answer and you are absoulutely right this is life we can't always get what we want or this world might be a big mess.L.O.L.I am going to just ask the question soon. Well take care and have a good day!
hello jahernandezrivas! There is really only two options you have regarding your dilemma. You could either ask your question and ready yourself for the answer whatever it maybe or just forget about asking and spends sleepless nights knowing what would be the answer to your question for the whole of your lifetime. That is a choice you have to make, it's your call. I do agree with your friend that in order for you to know the answer, you must first ask your question. Life is about taking risks and that could cover asking questions, the answers to which we might not like or expect. However from the tone of your posts, it seems you already know that the answer to your question might not be to your liking that's why you're afraid to ask. For your peace of mind, better ask it now and get it over and done with.
Your friend sounds of the truth. As when we have something inching at us how will know if we do not dare to ask. As I am one that does not like to keep things pestering at me. So I even if I know what the answer is, I try to get out as soon as I can.
It is killing me to know the answer but I am the kind of person that is scared to ask because I am so scared of the answer I will get!!Have a good day!!
Sometimes we would like to know things but are scared of the results such as what our future will be like. IT is better to just let our lives flow rather then go and try to seek the help of a pyschic or something. I know this is not what you mean though. If I want to know something I ask. I dont want to sit around wondering what someone else is thinking. I would rather just ask what I want to know then go about wondering and never knowing. Even if the answer I might get might not be the one that I want to hear its better to ask and find out.
@sid556 (31018)
Not sure what it is you are needing to know but I tend to agree with your supervisor. It will just drive you nuts until you ask. Before asking just find a way to accept the possibility of a negative answer. You won't know unless you ask and if you ask and it is negative then how different will your life be? You'll just move on.
Dear friend, Try to get some more money working online. I make about $100 a month and I don´t live in the US. I answer this because it seems that your problems are in the medical area. Am I right? If so, try to go to a doctor as soon as posible, save for it every penny you can. Don´t be scared beforehand but do what you have to do: go to take a mammograph. A lump can be something and then I can be nothing. Why don´t you make a post uder health as specially under mamography and lumps? There are nurses at mylot and they can help you. Take care!
Yeah, I've been scared of asking something but if you have to know then you gotta know, right? I just ask anyway. I just figured I'm not gonna know if I don't ask, like what your friend said.
@PDBME2 (1023)
I get like that when I was in school. I sometimes wondered if my assignments met standards until I get back my first homework assignment. One time this teacher took a few weeks to give us back our projects. When I got them back I was doing them all wrong. He was so nice that he went to each student to give them feedback on their assignments. After that I just went up to him because he really wanted all of us to do better so he appreciated us asking.
@2004cqui (2823)
This is something I have had happen all too often. For instance, when my mother fell ill, had no money and needed her house sold. I was afraid someone would tell me the house is not hers anymore and would not profit from the sale. So I asked no one for any advice. I was afraid of asking questions about the abuse I was getting at home from my mother when I was a child. The one time I did ask I was told I should just be happy I have a home and food. I was ungrateful and should apologize to her. This was from a priest. Since then I've been a good question asker, as long as I can remain anonymous.
@joystick (1680)
All i can say is there is never any harm in asking and if you do not ask you will never know the answer.If you really need or want to know then you should ask, as long as you are sure that you are prepared for what ever the answer is going to be, good or bad.