Life's Simple Pleasures...

@erikmama (12934)
There are so many things in life that we usually take for granted, and do not think they are a big deal... This could be any number of things, from the beautiful sunshine outside to our kids and their school activities... I know that in my life there have been many of these little things that I have taken for granted, and am trying to enjoy life and everything that there is in it. What simple pleasures do you think you enjoy the most? What are those that you have taken for granted?
@suguwillu (113)
Hi, Every night the 3 stars stand in one line makes me feel my life is as strong as those stars which are the same from my child hood. it never changed. did you noticed it. i love to watch the sky in the night hours. and it gives me peace...:-)
@greygoo (798)
that's orion's belt.:) i love looking at stars too.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, I have noticed those stars before. To me they are very magical. The sky is beautiful. At night when the cars have slowed and it is quiet is simply amazing to sit in solitude and quietness and star into the sky. Something some people oten take for granted.
I love the night sky especially in the fall and winter. All the stars seem closer and the cold crisp air makes them shine like diamonds. I am fortunate to live in a small town, so even the street lights do not distract too much from these beautiful views.
@greygoo (798)
i love music... i like it best when i'm alone in a room and i can play my guitar and sing to myself. it's only in situations like that when i can sing with my eyes closed and imagine that i'm singing in front of an audience. you got that right; i only imagine singing in front of people because i don't like doing it for real, especially when i'm asked to use a microphone. hahaXD i just love those me and music moments.:) the ones that i take for granted are probably those days when i am with my sister. whenever we're together we can help pissing each other off. hahaXD i hope she knows i love her despite that. whenever i'm on vacation i keep telling myself 'this time i'm going to spend time with her without getting angry about whatever', but i never do. i'm still trying though.:)
@erikmama (12934)
Music is always wonderful!! Especially when you are alone and able to think and enjoy what you are doing. Why do you not want to do it in front of an audience? That is one of the joys of being siblings~the rivalry that comes along with it!! As long as you are loving each other and enjoying the time that you spend together, that is what matters.
@greygoo (798)
i don't like to sing in public because...i'm shy? hahaXD i'm not. i don't know really. it may be because i hate using microphones. i can't seem to hear myself whenever i use them. i do sing in front of some friends though.:) but most of the time i just play for them.:) i'm not sure if what we have is rivalry...she's too young to even dare. hahaXD i guess what we have is normal. i used to fight with my older brother too, but now i feel like i'm the one he trusts the most in the family.:) i hope that's how it will be for me and my sister.:)
@sender621 (14956)
I think the simple pleasures of life are the ones that can bring us the greatest joy. Everything doesn't have to be the ultimate. what we get from the simple joys can be everything we want and more.
@erikmama (12934)
THat is exactly what a simple pleasrue is-joy. SOmething that is great for us. We often take these things fo granted.The ability to look into the sky or ennjoy the peaceful sounds of a bird chirping are great thing that we have in this world.
@Anna1983 (64)
Thanks for your good topic first. It made me peaceful and pleasant in my hear now. Maybe I do not have the time to think it about because of the busy work. My simple pleasures are playing with my little dauther when I am free, hear her laugher, hang on street with her,watching TV with my family, talking with my parents in my hometown, meet my old friends.
@erikmama (12934)
Hi Anna! I am glad that you like this disucssion. I think all of us get to busy at times to think about these things or to enjo y them. It is amazing what our kids can do for us and it is great that you dinf this to be such a joy in your life. I think to often out kids arent put first in life.
@voldrox (7205)
i like the way you think, erikmama. I hope lot of us start to think about the simple things in our lives that makes it more pleasant and light. Especially the ones who get into depression. Thank you for bringing this up.
@erikmama (12934)
Thank you!! Life has been pretty for me, and that has made me ealize how the small things can be taken away from us and how much they are missed. I missed out on a lot, and I can not turn back time. So now I want to ensure that I enjoy everything to the fullest. I really did onot mean to depress anyone, just open their eyes to realize how precious little things are.
Hi! I think now i know of the things i'm taking for granted and considered them as the most important in my life. Before when i'm still single i am with my dearest bestfriends enjoying every activity we do, simple things like hanging around, watching our favorite movies & coffee. I miss them a lot and hope to see them soon. I make a list of the things i'll do this year and that includes my precious friends. I learned a lot now to give quality time to the most important persons in my life and enjoy the simplest pleasures life has to offer us. Enjoy!
@erikmama (12934)
We should never take those that mean the most to us for granted, and we always do that. I can recollect now on taking my father for granted, and now that he is no longer with me, I regret it more than anything in the world. I am glad that you realize these things. Make everyday special and live it like it is the lst one.
@carolscash (9501)
There are so many things that we take for granted each day. we should be thankful that we wake up every morning. I am thankful for my kids, a few great friends, love, happiness, sunshine, the chance to home school my children, and the chance that I have right now to be home.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, we should. But it is one of those things people just overlook. Kids are so special. Having love in your love is too/but when we have it is no big deal and when we don't, we wish that we did. I guess we often don't know what we got until it is gone.
@bounce58 (17524)
I like the drive home from work. It's the simplest pleasure that I can take the most out of. It's the part of the day when I'm already done with work, I am alone with my thoughts, and looking forward to get home to see my kids. It seems like all my troubles and problems with work during the day wash out as soon as I enter the car and leave the parking lot at work.
@erikmama (12934)
Finally a chance to relax...til you get home to the kids!! It is a great time to be able to relax after a long hard day. I can remember how much I use to enjoy driving. Time alone to think about whatever I want to think about.
As a young adult, there are things that I definitely take for granted, for instance the quality time with my family. It's amazing whenever I engaged in a simple five minute conversation with my parents, it usually leads to deeper and intriguing conversations. Most often, this is where I usually discover something that I never knew about my parents before engaging into the conversation. My simple pleasures are reading books, drinking a cup of hot coco, listening to jazz/hiphop, and isolating myself among other things. Good Topic!
@erikmama (12934)
We learn something new everyday and it is wonderful that you can learn something interesting from your parents. Listen to all of their stories because one day when they are not around you will miss those stories. I know this from experience. I am glad you like this topic. I find myself fille with many regrest because I have taken things for granted, and I am working hard every day not to take the most important things in my life for granted.
@katsalot1 (1619)
I try not to take anything for granted. You only have to see the awful things that are happening in the world, whether it be humanitarian or environmental, to realise how lucky we are.
@erikmama (12934)
I try not to either, but I know every single day I do. There is so much madness in the world and it would be so nice if we were all able to follow in your footsteps and not take things for granted.
I always try to search happiness in little things. Happiness is something which is there in all little things which we often ignore. I have developed a habit of going to children park every evening when I return from office. I sit there quietly and observe the little kids in their own little fancy world. I feel very happy when I see children playing in their own world.
@erikmama (12934)
It is amazing how such simple things can bring someone such great happiness. But we often take it for granted. It is great that something so simple makes you smile. We often get so wrapped up in the busy world and bad things we aren't happy.
I think I take my friends and family for granted, and my pets. I enjoy the beautiful sun I see today, and the delicious taste of a meal. I have enough in my life that I usually can share something with someone else, and that is much more than many people have. Good post, makes us think.
@erikmama (12934)
I think a lot of us take our family and friends for granted. It is hard to think of it s what you would do if they weren't around tomorrow, but I can say from experience you end up regretting a lot of things. I have been doing a lot of thinking about things such as this, which is why I posted this one.Glad that you like it!
Yes, we take almost everything for granted. We assume we will wake up in the morning. Actually there are many who die in their sleep! We think that cash is minted by our parents. We have been living the 'good life' because of their toil and hard work of our parents. They have invested heavily in us and in our education so that we can become useful citizens of the country.How often do we thank them? Yes, we only remember God when we are distressed. How sad!
@erikmama (12934)
God is good everyday and you are right it is oly in the deep dark hours of despair that many think of God. He has given us osome great things in the world, and to often we are to busy to enjoy them.
@polaris77 (2018)
• Bacau, Romania
Well,for me it's great to get out of the city from time to time to go to the park and just sit on a bench and admire the view and the nature;it's a simple pleasure which makes me feel better and reminds me that we have to enjoy the simple things in life which many times we don't appreciate because of the stress of daily existence.
@erikmama (12934)
I think that just being in a park is relaxing. Especially when you live in such a big city like me. I think that a lot of people enjoy a park and the beauty that it represents.
@gabs8513 (48717)
Well I enjoy my Children even though they are Adults, I enjoy Gissi and lots of other things I do not think I have ever taken things for granted as I always say, you just never know what is waiting round the Corner
The simple pleasure in life that I enjoy the most is my two wonderful children. It really is always such a pleasure to me to see them grow in their abilities and because of the fact that I'm grown now and I don't have as many firsts as they do now, it is something that truly makes me happy. However, I do think that there are a lot of things that I have taken for granted, including enjoying the swimming pool on a hot summer day and sliding down a snow covered hill during the cold months of winter.