Treasue or curse

@savypat (20247)
We have no idea of how much our very thoughts influence others. The ones this effects the most are our children. If you believe that life is energy based and thoughts are energy, then you will want to consider that a new life is influenced from the time of conception. Many will argue that there is no awareness before a certian developement of the fetus, but think of this, science has become aware that even the smallest particles we can find are influenced just by our awareness of them. They change before our very eyes. Think then what your thoughts can do to that new life that is in your care. Scary isn't this? When I read this it made me pause.
@paula27661 (15899)
It is overwhelming to stop and consider the impact our attitudes and thoughts have on the world around us including our unborn children. When I was pregnant I visited a doctor who told me to talk to my baby frequently because not only could she hear me my energy would be very much felt by her. I believe that to be true because I’ve always had the knowledge that we draw everything to ourselves, good and bad, with our thought power and that is no ‘secret’!
@savypat (20247)
Paula this is a beautiful response and I think you got the point I was trying to make. Thanks
While I've never thought that we have conscious awareness before we are about 20 weeks after conception, I do believe that our being is influenced by those things that happen to us during our embryonic stage. I kind of think of it this way, five and a half years ago I had a miscarriage. The cause of that miscarriage was a medication that I was on at the time. I would have never lost my baby had it not been for that medication. That shows that little things really can impact our being (or lack of being).
@GDTimothy (446)
If you are talking about the quantum world, then I think you misunderstand it. Quantum particles are not influenced in any way, shape or form by our awareness of them! Quantum particles are influenced by our measurement of them. Of course you could say that once you have measured them we are aware of them. But by that time, the particle has already been influenced and can no longer react to just our thoughts of them. This is covered under the uncertainty principle of quantum mechanics which says that we can not know with certainty both the location and speed of a particle. The more accurately you know the position of a particle, the less accurately you can know the speed (or momentum) of a particle. This is not due to our lack of technology, but rather it is a basic property of quantum particles. You may also be referring to quantum entanglement. In this phenomena, when you measure/detect one of a pair of entangled particles, then other particle instantly assumes a correlating property regardless of the distance between the particles at the time of measurement. In any case, to be aware of a particle, you must first detect it. And it is that detection that necessarily disturbs the particle and creates an effect. But merely being aware of a particle without measuring/detecting it first is impossible, and thus there can be no effect on the particle without some physical disturbance of it via a detector or measuring device of some kind.
@JenInTN (27565)
My new class is biology. My first two classes have been based on the simplest forms of cells. Energy..energy..energy.! Everything is based on it. It does make you cause when you think of how vast the word energy actually is.
@dragon54u (31604)
I have always believed this. Thoughts have power! From the time my sons were conceived I thought of them and spoke to them lovingly and read to them even before they were born. I think these thoughts and actions shaped them into the men they have become. Even plants react to our thoughts.