Today I spoke to my biological aunt for the first time...

She called me this evening. We have never met, but have exchanged letters for several months since I first tracked her down. We didn't tiptoe around the subject of my mother's death, we discussed it openly. I found her very easy to talk to, as if I had known her all my life. I hope this is the beginning of something worthwhile. It turns out I have a lot in common with my birth mother, right down to owning identical doting cats with the same personality! Just wanted to share this.
That is really cool that you were able to track down your biological mother's sister and that you are trying to forge a relationship with her. My husband has never in his life met his biological father and before I met him, he tried to find him. The closest that he ever came was his biological father's sister who slammed the door in his face when he said who he was. I really don't like this at all because there is so much of his family medical situations that we don't know anything about and that makes it difficult to fill out information about our children.
Oh how wonderful that you had a chance to finally speak to your biological aunt. Life is so short and I find that we do not have all the time in the world to reconnect with certain loved ones. I appreciate your share and so wish you the best with your Aunt and all family members.
@fannitia (2170)
• Bulgaria
Hi, Marianne! It's fine that you have found a person from your family, this is a precious thing. I have lost most of my family and sometimes I feel lonely. You should be glad to communicate so easily with her. This is a real chance because very often people have problems with their relatives. All the best to you!