Do we interact with our children?

By Jlyn
@Jlyn10 (10481)
Malaysia
We are all living in a busy world, both men and women have to work hard to support the family. Sometimes we don't even have time for our children. Other than discussing schoolwork, do we really interact with our children? Do we make an effort to communicate with them? What can we do to make that bonding with our children again?
@didi13 (2927)
Parents should make time to hang out with their children in town, a movie or a restaurant, thus demonstrating that they care about them and their pleasures,not just school grades or if you have done your homework. Most importantly,parents to be careful with the child to talk to him, call him from time to time if it is not always present in his life and to make a joint program even on weekends. Our children learn from us incessantly. Learn not only the words that try to educate, but also in behavior, feelings, our attitude of everyday life.
I absolutely do interact with my children. I have no choice to. I am a stay at home mom and neither of my boys are in school. We are constantly working on numbers, alphabet, writing names & stuff like that! They hated it when I had a job & wasn't at home with them.
@Jlyn10 (10481)
You are real lucky. My kids also wish that I would always be around everyday after school. So I am working on it and looking and planning for a home based business so that I could spend more time with them.
@polaris77 (2020)
• Bacau, Romania
Unfortunately we live in a world where the daily stress is too much for many people and they forget to enjoy the simple things in life and even ignore spending time and playing with their children.It's obvious that we need to do extra efforts to communicate with our children,but many times we're too tired from hard work to do that properly.Honestly,as long as a person has to work hard to earn a decent living,I don't think therev will be enough time to spenfd with children.
@Jlyn10 (10481)
Even if parents don't have time for their children, I think having a decent meal once a day with the family would be nice to catch up on the daily happenings. That can also be considered as spending time with the children.
@louie847 (351)
With the Technology we have right now, most of the children are expose or hook up to computer games and spend of most of their time with it. So, there is less time spend on outdoors activities. I think that would be a great time or chance for the family to bond with each other by planning outdoor activities away from the technologies for awhile.
@Jlyn10 (10481)
I guess you're right. Parents are too busy with their children these days that they occupy their children with technology. Nowadays you can see children with handphones or an ipod touch or maybe a laptop of their own.