Have you read "The Shack"?

@Trensue (5256)
I am trying to write a paper on this book and I am in need of others ideas. My view is very limited. So if you have read this book would you be willing to have a discussion about it?
@peavey (16627)
I've read it but it's been a couple of years ago, or however long ago it was that it first came out. I'm not sure I'll remember everything, but I might be able to help. Did you just now read it?
@Trensue (5256)
Actually I have read three times in the last week trying to get a grasp on it.
@peavey (16627)
So what do you think is the story line? Maybe if you told it in an outline form, at least in your own mind, it would help clarify it. Sometimes we try to get too much from books and it eludes us until we quit trying and just think about the story itself. One thing that interested me was the personification of God as a black woman. (Is it politically correct to say it that way? I can't keep up with it all.) Jesus as a young carpenter, I can see, but God just didn't resonate with me. I'm sure it did with some, though.
@mommaj (22770)
Unfortunately, I do not get a lot of time to read. I rarely go to the library except for my child's therapy sessions or to let the other one play. LOL I wish I could help.