Open Mouth, Insert Foot

@laglen (19782)
Way to go Harry Reid! Harry Reid calls China's President Hu Jintao a "dictator". Very nice way to treat a visitor! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/19/reid-calls-chinas-hu-dictator-quickly-retreats/
@hofferp (4739)
Smarts was never one of Reid's strong suits, but then the people of Nevada voted... I wish the R's had run another candidate against Reid...he/she surely would have won...S. Angle wasn't the right candidate. Anyway, sounds like gambling is big and strong in China... Back to work...
@laglen (19782)
of course its big and strong there, they have all of our money!?
@hofferp (4739)
@Rollo1 (16649)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I heard a rumor that after they retire from public service, Harry Reid and Joe Biden are working up an act as a comedy duo. The "Accidental Truthers" or something. I am sure I will enjoy the unexpected escapes of truth from their mouths when what they say no longer endangers the security of the free world.
@laglen (19782)
lmao I would pay cash money to see this!
@skysuccess (8882)
laglen, Along with Harry's attitude towards Chinese (who knows if it is only restricted to China Chinese) it is no wonder the Chinese region of Macau has surpassed Las Vegas as the world's biggest destination for gamblers, and is experiencing rapid growth while Las Vegas receipts fall. Let's not forget that respect begets respect and it that is the kind of attitude a "respectable" leader then, I have to say that it is not the Chinese's lost at the end of the day. Oh, how I am having a good laugh when he said and I quote: ".....we have to work within the system we have, the best system ever devised." I am sorry but what system? Has he forgotten that majority foreigners who intend to visit America would have to undergo an extensive not forgetting discriminating process of applying for a visa before being allowed to visit the country which includes Las Vegas? Or, he is aware, which explains some Vegas big owners like Sands and MGM are investing in Macau. So, is it any fault of China that Vegas casino owners are loosing money and failing?
@laglen (19782)
I do not blame China for Vegas's failing. Nor do I blame China for our debt. They are doing exactly what I would do in that situation.
@EvanHunter (4028)
Well from what I read he didn't say it to him directly. Did something suddenly change in China that I didn't read about? He is a damn dictator and if people don't open their eyes we will be under the same rule of government that China is. China is a communist country and its an act of treason that they practically own the Untied States now because of greedy corporations and corrupt politicians. We are literally being forced to compete against billions of people who earn slave wages and I think more politicians should tell it like it is instead of sugar coating it, he is a DICTATOR! 50 years ago you would of been in prison if you gave away all the technology to a communist country that corporations and government officials have given to communist China.
@jb78000 (15173)
for goodness sake, if politicians are going to do tactless, can they please do it properly. i can think of lots of much more interesting names to call other countries' leaders. i have even prepared a short list of useful nouns, adjectives and phrases - please pass this on: pimple smelly spindly fatty git turnip numpty boring old fart witless one sandwich short of a picnic demented
@gladys46 (1205)
No not very nice of Mr. Reid ... but, but did he lie?? China is a communist nation right? A few "select" its president, etc. ... right? Reid should be quietly reprimanded by his peers, after all, China holds much of America's "paper" ... they've been America's bankers for eons!