number portability

@kanchan10 (2985)
Kolkata, India
MNP(mobile number portability) is here atlast.after many deliberations mnp is going to be introduced from 20/01/2011. it lets you to change your current service provider if you are not satisfied with it's service. so how many of you are going to take the opportunity. do you think that it will improve services. your opinion please
@nishant5n (1067)
Hi All, Really it's a good news. Mobile number portability is going to prove great tool for consumers who were not satisfied with their service providers but had to stick with them due to their cell number. In Delhi, MTS is giving 25% discounts, Airtel has declared 10% discount in Rajasthan, Vodaphone is focusing on existing customers, BSNL is giving first recharge of Rs100 free to prepaid customer and also not taking the initial Rs19 fee. Reliance has other exciting plans. Companies are trying to keep existing customers with them and attracting new customers. People have choices now. They can choose from various options available at their wish.
@kanchan10 (2985)
• Kolkata, India
let the system be put in place properly
@Sreekala (23350)
Hello Kanchan, I think there is a possibility of improving the services because they want to hold back their customers. For me, I don't have any plan to change the service provider. I am using airtel, I felt it costly sometimes but their net work is good and reliable.
@kanchan10 (2985)
• Kolkata, India
there is no data available that shows the actual picture.let the system is placed properly.then we will be able to say anything about it.
@ava152007 (645)
Hi I am happy that atlast we can change our service provider without changing a number. I am looking forword to see how safe it works. Its India anything can happen and It happens only in India. I think compitition will make the service provider to improve their service. Hope to see more improved services. Lets enjoy this. Good luck.
@kanchan10 (2985)
• Kolkata, India
there are a lot of service providers with very bad connectivity will loose their clientele to the better service providers. this will also ensure that service providers with deep pocket will only survive.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi kanchan, MNP sounds good. However I haven't tried it yet. Maybe in the future. I am not really satisfied with my other network mobile service. It has this bad habit of taking away the prepaid load I have just purchased electronically. I feel cheated if after three days it is gone. Now, why do they treat electronic loads like food items that has expiry dates? The goverment should look into this matter seriously. What we paid for should not be taken away unless it brings/causes harm to the consumer. The number of items purchased should be there until they are all used up regardless of the duration. If I take one year to send fifteen text messages then so be it. Isn't it cheating or stealing from the consumers? I lash back at this mobile network provider by not purchasing a prepaid load for very long periods of time. There are some networks to choose from in the first place. What do you think?