Speaker John Boehner Led the Health Care Repeal Vote ...

@gladys46 (1205)
The question has been asked of Boehner: Speaker Boehner, you voted to repeal "ours" .. now should we vote to repeal "yours" ? Further: who would have the audacity to vote for repealing affordable health care for 32 million Americans while gladly accepting generous, federally subsidized insurance for themselves?
@RobtheRock (2485)
I agree that it takes a lot of nerve for people like Boehner, who gets affordable Health Care, to try to get rid of it for those of us who don't. Yeah, something should be done so that they don't get subsidized insurance as well.
@gladys46 (1205)
Yes, in my view it does take nerve to do such a thing!! I have always been fortunate enough to have coverages ... although for years, each renewal period, the costs continued to get higher and higher! I could never begrudge anyone affordable health care, especially since I'm very much aware of the fact that this republican theatre is all about protecting big insurance companies and their profits! With all the talk floating out there people seem not to be able to determine fact from fiction.
@Fortunata (1136)
Wasn't this asked a year ago? There was no response to it then, there won't be now. Dems didn't want to do away their cadillac healthcare perk. Why are you going after Boehner for this? I go to a low cost healthcare clinic. I have a nurses Assistant, and not a doctor. I like the care I get there. And there are plenty of free health care clinics in this country. They even have one in a small town near me. If you go to the ER, they can't refuse to see you if you don't have insurance, it's the law. I don't want to have to buy healthcare insurance, because I won't be able to afford it. Not everybody runs to the doctor every time they fart or sneeze. Just leave things the way they are. Repeal, repeal, repeal!!
@gladys46 (1205)
Thank you for your opinion. But, did you know that every time people visit the ER uninsured, those of us who are insured must pay that cost? Yes, hospitals/insurance companies pass that cost onto the insured by continuously raising our policy costs. Did you know that the Affordable Care Act includes subsidies for people who can ill-afford to pay for coverages ... why would you want to repeal that?? Nothing is really "free" !
@xfahctor (14130)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
"Did you know that the Affordable Care Act includes subsidies for people who can ill-afford to pay for coverages" Did you know that most hospitals already have such subsidies available from private funding?
@xfahctor (14130)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
It will probably be one of the few things the Boehner and I will ever be in agreement on. It was not only bad legislation, it was blatantly unconstitutional legislation and a dangerous expansion of federal authority. It should never have happened.
@sierras236 (2740)
So, affordable health care is only available for 32 million people. What about the rest of America? There is way more than 32 million people in the US. That alone should garner a vote for repeal. Already Obama is dooming his own health care bill by offering all of those exemptions along with those in Congress. The Amish are also exempt due to religious beliefs. The American Indians are exempt due to a different agreement. Rumors have it that Muslims might be exempt as well due to religious beliefs. But in order for Obamacare to actually work, EVERYONE has to participate into purchasing insurance.