Which Pie is Better Sweet Potato or Pumkin?

Sweet Potato Pie - Sweet potato pie
@wmg2006 (5383)
I have been in a discussion about these 2 pies for days. Some say they are the same, but I say they are not! They may be prepared the same way but they taste very different to me. I like sweet potato much more than pumkin. Pumkin has a spice in it that my taste buds do not like. Which one do you like the most?
sweet potato
@wmg2006 (5383)
I agree, thank you for responding. You get an a+ because you responded and because you agreed with me. LOL
@lsen06 (5000)
sweet potato
@wmg2006 (5383)
Thank you You just got an a+
@mellbrb (250)
I like them both. But I'd rather have the Pumpkin pie. I make mine from scratch. So I leave out the spices I dont like ~*~ Happy Holidays ~*~
@wmg2006 (5383)
Yeah that is a good idea, maybe I could make one and leave the spices out I don't like.
Sweet Potato pie
@Undefeated (4792)
Pumpkin pie i think.
@blueman (16513)
i think sweet potato.
@TerryZ (22083)
There is a big difference in the two of them. I hate sweet potatos and I wont eat it. And I love pumpkin pie that is one of my favorite pies. So yes there is a big difference.
@zeloguy (4913)
I actually like the spice that the pumkin pie has to it and if you add whipped cream to the top there is nothing better. Sweet potato pie has a little more of a substance texture to me... a little thicker. Still a great choice. I love both of them but if it comes down to it, it's pumpkin for me.
I'll eat pumpkin anyway its cooked, but sweet potato has to be roasted or mashed in with potatoes as I find it too rich in flavour.
@lucy02 (5017)
I prefer sweet potato pie too. It seems like it is a little sweeter than pumpkin pie too.
I like pumpkin pie. I really don't like sweet potatoes. There is a big difference in taste between the two. I wouldn't think they have the same spices in them. Pumpkin pie with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. If it wasn't so late I would go and bake one now!
I like both of them. But if I could only pick one then I would say sweet potato pie. It just tastes more fluffier than pumpkin pie if you know what I mean. I do know what you mean about the spices in pumpkin pies too. If you don't have the taste buds for those spices then it will make you not like it.
@hmbw_24 (407)
girl you are making me hungry today!!! my personal favorite is pumpkin with whip cream on top. a while ago i got one frozen from the store with cheescake swirl in it, it was delicious! and a little different from the norm. that settles it im gettin one for desert tonight!