Closed Minded

@jamed28 (1909)
The hardest people to convince are those people who never accept explanations, and think they are already on the right tract. I'd met a guy on a "drinking session", and we argue about smoking cigarettes. The argument started when he saw the packaging of the cigarette with government warning saying "Cigarette kills". He said it wasn't true because if a person will die, then he'll die even he is not smoking cigarette, then he made an example of a young Filipino actor who never smoke and died on sleep. Well I didn't want to argue with a drunk guy, but I was also drunk so the argument went on. Most of the people in that "drinking session" we'll of course will favor me that cigarettes DO kill. But then this guy never really accept our explanation until sometime he walked out. Have you met people like this? I met them mostly during election campaign... hehehehehe. Good day!
@asliah (11149)
hi, yeah you're right, and they are closed minded person, its really hard to talk to those people and sometimes it makes me anger trying to explain that things but they never accept it.
@jamed28 (1909)
Well I guess the best to win in such argument is to stay away from it. That's what I did and it saves me trouble. Closed minded persons don't accept explanation so better not explain it to them.
@mark98 (570)
Willing to listen to is the attitude,not listening to the objective results.First,the attitude should be willing to humbly listen to listen to after having one's own judgments,and if each other's views through an objective analysis that is wrong,then the final objective is that he did not listen to each other's views.
@jamed28 (1909)
Well I guess those "close-minded" people need this attitude. But then for me attitude is form during childhood, so if you argue with a guy without this attitude and is old enough, I think that guy won't really accept others people opinions. Thanks for the share my friend!