Why Didn't Ted Roar at Stella How 'Happy' He Was that She Found What She Needed?

@mythociate (15963)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
You remember "How I Met Your Mother," when Ted fell in love with Stella, planned to marry her, and she ran out on the wedding? Well, Ted carried some anger about that, and wanted to tell her off about it. But when he went to do so, he lost his anger when he saw her and the man she left him for, and realized that she had found her rightful place. But he just petered out; he should've said something---at least something about 'being perfectly happy with the single life, being perfectly happy that she found something secure with the other guy, and perfectly happy that IT WASN'T ABOUT HIM!' (Maybe with a hint of anger to solidify the sense of doom---made me think of the end of The Phantom of the Opera where it seemed like The Phantom died, so Christine could live-out her eventual death in peace.)
Sometimes people realize that they cannot measure up to the needs of their partner and or relationship. I have to say that he truly does/did love her as this reminds me of the saying that sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go. Why hurt her and or make her sad with ill feelings, or worse make her feel guilty when he perhaps was not going to be able to add, help and or provide the way the new person can. So to me this was purely out of love and he was simply thinking that maybe in the end if things do not work out she will remember his kindness, if at best still care about him enough to remain friends later.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
That's right I guess the guy who plays Ted Mosby is such a great actor that he had me feeling his character's pain; the writers may not have explained it too well, but they did have him say something about 'the third option, just let it go (and go on to How I Met Your Mother, ba-ba-ba-baaaaaaaaaa ba-baa-baa-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)'. It's like I heard Pastor Joel Osteen say last night: "You can be in any storm, as long as you don't let the storm be in you."