Has your life turned out like you thought it would?

South Africa
Life is full suprises, twists and turns. I always wanted to make documentaries - but my life is just taking a different path now. How many of you are also on a different path to what you originally intended? Are you happy?
@ChewySpree (1832)
I can honestly say I never thought I would be where I am now, but I am very happy with the way my life has turned out. I guess I never had a bit plan for life, but I always try to make the most of each situation. I consider myself very successful in what I have accomplished.
@soulist (2986)
My life has not turned out the way I expected it would. I wanted things to be different and have different things, but life is full of all kinds of surprises and I am happy with the way my life has turned out. Sometimes I wish things were different, but then I remember how things really are and appreciate the way it's all turned out.
@Script (592)
I'm not where I expected to be either! But I learnt early on that life never seems to take the path that you think it will. I'm glad to be where I am right now, it is what makes me, me. It's great to be open to whatever direction comes my way, and I can honestly say I just try to make the best of whatever situation comes my way!!!
@xphile777 (428)
My life has turned out to be a weird combination of being on a different path but also being exactly what I wanted but with aspects I never wanted to happen. So, I can't say that I'm happy because I'm too stressed and lonely. In some ways, I'm the luckiest person in the world, but in other ways I'm almost the unluckiest, so I don't really know how to answer your question. Guess I'll stop writing now. LOL