Oh How they spin

@laglen (19783)
Colorado is one of the twenty states that unemployment rose again. But our Department of Labor said, all the news is not bad. Colorado saw an increase in wages for the first time in over two years. Fact - Colorado minimum wage rose in January. from $7.24 to $7.36. There is our wage increase. No mine did not rise. I am a bartender and was already making $7.38. LMAO
@Taskr36 (13926)
These minimum wage increases are stupid and irritating. The only people they really help are the people making rock bottom minimum wage. So basically, teenagers and people with absolutely no marketable skills are being rewarded for not bettering themselves while the businesses employing those people raise prices to compensate.
@laglen (19783)
very valid point, you note it did not effect MY wage - lmao!
@Taskr36 (13926)
Yup, as a bartender I'm sure your income is based largely on tips anyway. I like systems like that since it gives you more power over your earnings. In Florida jobs like that often receive less than minimum wage and the tips are supposed to compensate the discrepancy.
@laglen (19783)
That is exactly why I do it, that and I love my pain in the butt customers AND I am blessed to work in a club for Veterans of Foreign Wars - I am in good company! Here bartenders are not considered tipped employees.
@Rollo1 (16708)
• Boston, Massachusetts
So, some people are making 12 cents an hour more. But there are fewer of them since fewer people are working. In the meantime, the number of people making $0 per hour has increased. Not sure the 12 cents is really going to be much of an offset.
@laglen (19783)
not even a little. but hey guys look at the bright side! lmao
I will say that the Obama Administration is a real sneaky bunch but have a great imagination at always being able to lie and twist the facts so that we never hear the truth. I believe being an accomplished liar is a requirement to be a politician.
@laglen (19783)
they seem to be quick studys
@hofferp (4739)
Yeah, but I bet you get great tips with as great as you are! I'm not sure where my state is, but I doubt we have you beat. Thanks to Richardson's 8 years we're in deep doodoo. He raided every account we had and increased the size of state government big time. Now, Martinez gets the job of reining it all back in and getting us out of massive debt. Fortunately, it's not as bad as CA, IL, NY, etc. Whoopi!
@laglen (19783)
shucks, thanks Thank goodness he didnt get longer.
@hofferp (4739)
62 minutes without a commercial break (where I can fast forward) is too long.
@laglen (19783)
I am watching now.... all I hear is spend spend spend and joe blow in anytown usa told me this.
It would be nice if we all got a big fat raise, and lower taxes, or something. Goodness knows, demand for money far out-weighs supply, and those who can, work their butts off, and for what? To struggle, and pay taxes anyway? Maybe the government needs to get off of i's butt, and work for its own money, instead of taking out of our damn pockets.
@laglen (19783)
Bake sales