PNP, can we really trust them?

@EdnaReyes (2628)
Criminals are now too bold and daring. They do not only take away your possessions , but also your life and worst burn you! The way these criminal are doing their thing, can we still trust the PNP to protect the people? Do you think it's time to do somwething about this inept institution?
Now this is a good topic to ponder on... It's hard to trust the PNP... With everything that's happened and is happening to our country right now... I mean seriously, I haven't been awed by their work in like, ever! I am not saying that ALL members of the PNP shouldn't be trusted. I know and I believe that there are still crime fighting policemen and women who are doing their duties with all honesty. But it's hard not to generalize them. A lot of them extort from drivers when they traffic rules are being violated by susceptible drivers. And sometimes even 50 PHP is enough. How much more with a hundred thousand pesos to delay an investigation or to destroy evidence, or worse, to be part of the whole crime? I have faith that there are still those who believe in prioritizing the safety of our people rather than their own gain or take in a crime. But I don't know... Maybe Im just too idealistic. Nevertheless, let's pray for the souls of those who suffered, for their families, and for the safety of all Filipinos.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
Very well said, I think most Filipino share this thoughts!
@cheravs (620)
I still trust the policemen in our country for the reason that whenever we are in a situation we call for help they are the one we are calling and they respond. In the ratio, 1/500 for every cop in this country. Too bad that some are still dumb to drag their name to shame despite of the number they need to fulfill. Hoping that the new leadership of PNP will be honest and will set examples to the lower ranks so that sooner will trust again to the so called law enforcers!
@EdnaReyes (2628)
Yes, let's all hope for this thing to happen. Let's pray hard for this!
@paoxav (1382)
No, I simply cant unless I know or some of the higher ranking officers are my relatives.. LOL I simply cant trust them coz most of them are the ones involved on those crimes happening.. in a discreet way..
This just means that bad elements are everywhere. They are in the military, in the government, even amongst the civilians. I believe there are good guys in the PNP but we have to admit that due to corruption, the good will eventually become bad when he realizes that being good won't do you any good. Just like they've been saying the news, what's the use of catching criminals when after risking their life arresting the suspects, the criminals just post bail and go back to their old ways again. Just like Dominguez who've been arrested for more than 20 times for the same offense and yet still enjoys his freedom. He has been arrested only when a well known personality was killed. So what can we expect from the police when after their efforts, the criminals just go scot free?
@TheAdvocate (2395)
There is an implied statement here that the PNP is involved in these crimes. Statistically speaking, crimes are at about the same rate here in the Philippines, give or take a few points. It is the perception that criminals are getting bold that is on the rise mostly because of the media attention. The PNP's capability is also the same because they really have basically the same training as before. As to your question, yes, definitely, something has to be done. It will take a great overhaul for the PNP to be able to solve all these crimes.
@pogi253 (1587)
There are good people and bad people. Just as the same in the PNP. There are good cops and bad cops.
@franne32 (696)
Even though it's unfair to judge them based on what's happened these past few weeks, I don't think I can trust them because there has been little to no improvement on criminal cases in our country.