Love Of A Lifetime

@erikmama (12934)
THis one is a buncha questions... Have you met the love of your life? How did you know that this person was "the one"? What was done to make you fall in love with this person? Could you ever imagine your life without this person there? How do you think that love of a lifetime defers from any other love that you feel?
I am going to try and sum up all your questions within my response. Yes I have met the love of my life and it did not start out to be love when we began five years ago. I met him through a friend in a party and he would not have been someone I would have back then imagine myself to be with. He was overly nice, sincere and caring that I could not help but friending him. We both decided we would only be together that one day, something I am not accustomed to, as I don't go that route unless I am heading towards commitment. But something about him I knew was different then I ever experienced with any one else, as his caring nature and up most respect for me outshined him instantly. He is different because he loves me for me and respects me for who I am have never expected me to give up anything in my life. We live as one but enjoy the fact that we are individuals therefore respect is very important to the both of us.
@erikmama (12934)
So you decided even before you were together you would be one day? That is how I feel about my ex. I can not quite put my finger on it, and considerin thae man put me through so much, I can not believe that I still can say that I care. I am so glad to hear that he is so caring and respectful. I think that everyone deserves that in a relationship. There are so many things that are important in any relationship.
Have you met the love of your life? Yes, I have. How did you know that this person was "the one"? First of all, I don't believe in "the one". I don't believe there is only one person you can "truly love", I think many people can have many loves in a lifetime. However, I do believe in "great love", meaning just the absolute best you can get. It doesn't invalidate any love you may have before or after, it's just the best. What was done to make you fall in love with this person? Nothing was done. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him, I knew had to be with him, no matter how long it lasted or didn't. Could you ever imagine your life without this person there? No. How do you think that love of a lifetime defers from any other love that you feel? Like I said above, I think it's not fundamentally different, it's just better. I think a "love of a lifetime" pertains to a relationship that matches up as perfectly as possible. A person who is the perfect blend of compatibility, differences, peace and conflict, passion and comfort.
Nice answer, I guess I would have keep this is mind, and hopefully, I can meet him as how u have met yours:)
@erikmama (12934)
I agree that during our lifetimes we will love more thanone person, however, I do feel that sometimes people do meet that one special person. No matter if the two can not be together, it is something very special that the two had together, and no matter how many more loves the person has in their lifetime, it will not be as strong, as depp, or as special as that love. I do not think that the special type of love is something that is experienced everyday, nor is it something that all of us will ecperience in our lifetimes, but if you do, you will, without a doubt know.
Yep, that's what I said. Thanks for the Best Response ^_^
@slayer23 (35)
well, for me, i don't think that i have met the love of my life. hahaha. But i would be glad to meet the love of my life and spend the rest of my life with the love of my life. hahaha. hopefully, that i will really have the love of my life someday.
@erikmama (12934)
I don't thnk that we all meet that love of a life, but if you are fortunate to meet that person, never let it go, and always show that person just what they mean to you.I hope that one day you are able to meet that person. It is an incredible feeling,.ao much more than just "love"/
oh well thanks. and you're right. i have this funny feeling that i don't have the love of a life that humans call it. i don't know, i feel like i'm meant to be alone. well, that's life!
Its when you start feeling endlessly for them and you actually dont think about yourself in the process. You, literally, can do anything to get that person, you go mad behind them and you may even ruin yourself by doing that. Without whom you consider your life to be incomplete and if you are guy, you stop looking at other girl even (haha) because you know you got the most beautiful person on the earth for you!
@erikmama (12934)
Love should still think of you, but many times when we fall for someone we do forget ourselves and our wants and needs for this other person. True love is something that is so rare. I think that while we may love more than one person during our lifetime, there is only one person who will be that true one, and there is no way to describe it,but you will know when it is that true love.
Yes i agree with you erikmama. True love can happen only once and that person will remain special for you forever in your life. If at all you couldnt be with that person and you commit to someone else, you will never be able to forget your true love. Even if your new partner loves you more than your true love, the latter is the one who will occupy your mind and heart fulltime.
I was lucky enough to meet the love of my life nine years ago. I knew immediately that he was the person that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with because of the fact that he was so honest to me when there had been so many other people in my life that had lied to me. That said, I couldn't begin to imagine what my life might be like and where I would be if I was not married to Tom. He really was and is the half that has made me whole.
@erikmama (12934)
I know how hard it is to trust when it seems that everyone in your life has done nothing but lie and hurt you. I always love to hear a love story, and I am so glad that the two of you found each other and true happiness togehter. I wish every love story had such a great ending, and I wish the two of you another 60 years of happiness together!
@simonelee (2718)
I've been failed in my previous relationship so i have to rest and give time for my self which i enjoyed until i met my partner. It was not planned nor in a hurry to find someone to cuddle and to take care of. I just felt something strange that i haven't felt in my previous relationships. It was a strange feeling cause i even don't know the person nor met before. I was in a denial that i fell in love for the very first time, let just say that it was a love at first sight.
@erikmama (12934)
Even in a relationship it is still important to take time for yourself, which I think that many of us forget to do. Once you find that true love it is hard to find anyone that can compare to that person. It is an amazing feeling, though I can not put into words. I wish you the best of luck and hope that love may find its way to you once again.
I think there must be chemistry for you to say someone is the love of your life. If you enjoy someone's company most of the time, then you are in for some serious thinking about maintaining or growing that relationship. Love is a two-way traffic. If they object of your love responds, then there is that possibility. However, romantic love is elusive. It can just die on you because of misunderstandings or circumstances. For those who have found 'the one',my congratulations. Not everyone can feel that way!
@erikmama (12934)
Of course there has to be chemistry, but to be the "love of a life"there has to be so much more. And I am not really sure if anyone can really describe what it is about the love of their life. There are so many reasons that a relationship can fail, but when it is that one true love, there is always reason to work things out, so I feel.
@machizmo (279)
I met someone I fell in love with but they chose a different path than I chose. I had various things that drew me to this person. We had various things in common and we could talk to each other about things I could not talk to others about. If the person is really the love of the lifetime I think you will have a connection or bond with them.
@erikmama (12934)
It hurts when we love someone and then it does not work. I think during our life we will love a lot of people, more than one, but there will just be one that is true. It is an amazing feeling. I have experienced that love, and unfortuantley, it just did not work out. That true love is such an incredible bond, and for me, loving after that true love seems almost impossible for me.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think I've met a few 'loves' in my lifetime, but I don't necessarily think I've met THE love of my life. Now that I'm a little older, and a little wisert, I think I already know what it would feel to meet 'the one'. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't make a fool of myself if I met her.
@erikmama (12934)
I am glad that you know that there is a difference. What about your wife now? Do you not think that she is the love of your life? Itr is truly something special that we all would be wonderful to have
@jricky1 (6809)
I absolutely have met my love in my lifetime,and i would do anything that i can to let him know that i love him.I try to know his routine everyday and try to know more about his interests and likings,thus,i can do something for him.Love is hard,you know,but i would change it into a beautiful thing and happy about everything i did for him.It is such an amazing thing.
@erikmama (12934)
You should always make sure that the one that you love always knows it. Sometimes we take love for granted and then when it is not there for us anymore, we regret it more than anything. Especially when it is the love of your life. I am nt sure how to describe that feeling, but it is something that you know freom the momment you can meet someone.
@millertime (1398)
Well, I'm sorry to say that I have not. I have fallen in love a couple of times in my life but neither turned out to be "the one" that was perfect for me and was the love of my life. Both relationships ended badly actually so at this point I'm not really even looking so I doubt I will ever find the one true love. I envy those people that do find their perfect mate and spend their lives together, but when you think about it, the odds are really against it. I mean, with as many people as there are in the world, what are the odds that any two people who are perfect for each other will ever meet? Not too good I would say. Maybe that's why there are so many divorces and so few couples that stay together their whole lives. I don't know. Anyway, while I can't see the future, I don't really think the woman of my dreams is going to walk into my life any time soon. But hey, sometimes that's just how life works out.
@erikmama (12934)
I am sorry that your relationships have not worked. it is hard to find someone that you are compatible with and can see yourself spending the rest of your life with. Sometimes love is great, but just not that special love we need to find. I am sure that one day you will find someone special, and I will hope for you to do so. It is a truly special thing that we would all be blessed to be able to feel. I agree that the odds are crazy and it is truly special when you are able to find someone so special.