5 Year Old Girl Pregnant

@erikmama (12934)
A girl just 5 years old is the youngest girl on record to ever give birth to a child. The girl, from Peru, gave birth to a baby that weighed 2.7 pounds. He was raised to believe the girl was his sister until later in life. This was in 1939. It is truly amazing that a girl this young could get pregnant. Unfortunate the story I read did not go into all of the details that I wanted, but just looking for your comments about this. http://www.oddee.com/item_90966.aspx
@bounce58 (17524)
I think I've heard of this story before. But I never believed it until now. It is unbelievable, and very sad for the little girl. In today's time, there would be a lot of consequences for things like this. And maybe more people knowing about it with camera phones and youtube. It is sad.
@erikmama (12934)
I am not sure if I do belive the story. It is not in depth enough to really know. But if it is a true story, it really is tragic ans sad. I would love to know how it was the little girl even came to becoem pregnant in the first place and how in the world she would have been able to carry a baby.
It is very hard to believe that a 5-year old child would get pregnant. I don't think the reproductive system of a child that young is not yet developed to bear a child. That story is interesting...
@erikmama (12934)
These were also my thoughts. I saw several different web sites telling the story, but of course, I could not find a lot on it. I am not sure if I believe the story or nor...But it is very interesting.
@EdnaReyes (2628)
I decline to comment on this because I am not equipped with clear datas. What I can share is my lay man view. Perhaps science has to do with this. It might have been her twin sister of brother. There's a case like this and doctors had proven this that the child was a twin. I'll go to your link and try to decipher the datas!
@erikmama (12934)
I could not find out a lot of information from what i read. I do not want to belive it is true. I am not sure that it is physically possible for such a young girl to get pregnant in the first place, much less be able to carry a baby. If you inf anything out, let me know, because I am really interested. It sounds to me like just an old wives tale or something.I don't know.
@indahfth (11173)
It was amazing. When I read the title of your discussion, I was very curious, and want to know the truth. after reading your discussion, I became a little understanding. and I'm sure, a child born is a twin of the girl. I want to know if the baby is born with perfect?
@erikmama (12934)
I would like to know more about this story as this did not offer enough information for me. I m not sure if it is possible to happen, but mybe it was the little girls twin.Who knows?
@nj_1022 (251)
As a mother, I am shocked with the issue of having a child at 5 years old. I was wondering how did she cope up with the pregnancy and all. It is okay to let her believe that they are siblings but the thought having a child at 5 year old. I hope this not happen again.
@erikmama (12934)
It was shocking to me, too, not sure if it is a story that I actually believe or not. Thee are a lot of questions about it and I can no really find a lot of information other than this on it. I do not understnad how a 5 year old could go through labor or gt pregnant in the first place.
5 year girl pregnant. seriously it unbelievable though it's truly happen. Anything could happen with that girl because pregnancy is also very risky. But thanks to Allah that she is safe. by the way thanks for sharing as i never heard this before.
@erikmama (12934)
I do not see how the girl was able to carry a baby. Who knows it could be a myth.I can not really find out a lot about the story. I wish I could. I think it is so horrible that a little girl so young could get pregnant. I thought our bodies had to be somatue for us to even produce a baby.
@lisa0502 (1726)
I have heard of this story before. It is a horrible thing. No girls body is ready for that at that age. With all of these girls getting pregnant in this day and age there bodies are not ready. At the age of 18 when I had my first child I know that I was not ready for it.
@erikmama (12934)
No, a girl that young should not be getting pregnant. No young girl should, but 5 years old is crazy. I hope that I am able to find out more about the story, as I want to know how it happened. I personally do not see how the little girl made it through childbirth. So sad
I dont believe this crap.
@thanks1961 (7049)
Nature's magic - what else we should say on it?? Thank-s
That's terrible. No young girl should have to go through that, and the question of how she got pregnant can only lead to one answer, something nobody should have to experience. This story disturbs me a lot.