Why I don’t like to swim at the sea anymore

When is was younger, I used to go swimming with my family at our family resort by the sea. We would swim from morning until late afternoon. I like swimming at the sea so much. But as I grew older, I noticed that I don’t want to swim into the sea anymore. The reasons : 1. I hate being sunburned anymore and 2. my hair was rebonded and the seawater is salty and bad for it. What about you friends, do you like swimming in the sea?
@msdivkar (1903)
It is true that you get sunburn when you take sea swimming also your whole body gets coated with sea salts which goes off after taking fresh water bath. Being from coastal area I have done lot of swimming in sea waters. But the sea swimming in my case is mostly restricted to summer period when we go to beaches to get reprieve from summer heat. It is also widely believed here that taking sea water bath during summer is very good for health and you get protection from deceases like arthritis.
Really? Is it the sea water of the act of swimming , that is good for arthritis? Though, i don't have arthritis, i just would like to know.
@wilmscz (104)
yes,though i'm not a good swimmer myself, i would put on my lifevest and off to the sea,swimming, snorkeling etc....as long as i have my sunblock on my skin and some conditioner on my hair.
yes, enjoy the sea while you are still young. You might not like it when you get older, just as i am today. Just put on that life vest though, for safety.
@greenline (14865)
Just like you, as I get older, I don't like to swim in the sea so much. During my younger days, I indeed very much enjoyed holidays at the sea beaches, and enjoyed swimming in the sea. I suppose, one thing I don't quite find it so exciting as before any more is the sea-waves. I find them a bit dangerous instead of being excitement.
I guess, being younger we are are still so adventurous, so we like to swim on the sea. The waves adds to the thrill. But when one gets older, he mellows so sometimes her likes do wane too for one reason or another.
@chiyosan (29389)
When i was younger i dont like the salt water myself. And plus i dont swim well. Haha the waves are just not that fun. But since me ame my friends have gone to the beach, i think i enjoy it more because it is nature! Hehe.
What makes swimming on the sea different from the swimming pools are the waves. It's fun to be rocked by the waves. Though, if you don't know how to swim, just be in the shallow part of it. Even if i don't like swimming on the sea anymore, at least the memories of the fun it gave me are still with me and will always be.
@dreamnishu (1253)
only 1 time a swim at the sea.i can not swim .but my mom,dad they can.i feel scary about water.that's why i do not want to learn how to swim.i dont like swimming.i like you walk at the sea side not to swim on sea.
Me, i don't really know how to swim like the professionals but i can swim and i know how to float. You should experience swimming on the sea , because it's so relaxing, specially in the early morning or late afternoon, where the sun is not shining that hot . But now, that i am older i don't wanna swim anymore because of my stated reasons.
I never swim in the sea in my life. I have swim in ponds,river and some other place. But yes i would like to swim in the sea it s really nice to swim there i feel.So i am just waiting for the perfect time.
But do you have sea at your place or have you been to a sea resort already?
I like swimming whether it be in the sea or the pool. My hair was rebonded too but it didn't stop my from swimming even though i know that both sea water and pool water can ruin my hair again. There's a hair serum protecting the hair from getting damaged and i just use it. Nothing can stop me from getting into the water. Whenever i am at the beach i can't help myself from jumping into the water.
Really, it won't damage my rebonded hair? Can you share to me the name of that hair serum please?
maybe because you are so conscious about ur self and mostly in your skin and hair.. as a child there so consciousness about are skin and any kind of make up etc.because as a child we want to have fun play the whole the without nothing to worry. i like swimming it is relaxing and very cool.
Yes, that's true. I am also afraid of swimming at the sea where your body is exposed to the salty water, because it seemed to make my skin wrinkle.