Sunscreen for oily skin

@oindy54 (3446)
Hi friends, I have an acne-prone oily skin.I am fed up of trying different brands of sunscreens.Nothing seems to work.They all end up giving me a greasier look after a few minutes of application and make me sweat a lot.I recently bought a L'oreal sunscreen which they claim will not make my skin greasy.But contrary to the claim it is making my face greasy and the shine on my face remains. If anyone knows a good brand with a minimum of SPF 30 please advise. Thanks to all who respond.
@cupcyke (363)
Try to use Ponds cream and Ponds facial wash or with carbon. Its shine free and really prevent pimples. Or if still don't work you must see a dermatologist to tell you the right product you are going to use.
@oindy54 (3446)
My dermatologist told me that no sunscreen actually works! That it is just a mental satisfaction to use one but that the sun always harms our skin specially those with a fair complexion! He left me so confused!
@simonelee (2718)
Hi. My skin is oily too and been using NIVEA sun screen protection for a very i used to have problem like yours, i have a hard time finding a sun screen that wont worsen my oil problem. I tested a lot of sun screen protection but all of it gives me messy look and irritated my eyes. I hate it when you're sweating and the sun screen leaves a white spots. Nivea is a matte finish sunblock. So, its shine-free.
@oindy54 (3446)
Thank you so much for sharing your secret with me.I will definitely look for this brand in my area.Have a nice day.
@mermaidivy (15415)
Loreal is not good for oily skin... I have tried it before and it makes my acne worst and I looked shinny and felt greasy. And so does Olay... I am using Boost No7 for oily skin type sunscreen, it is pretty good, it doesn't feel greasy and I don't look shinny. It works for me anyway.
@oindy54 (3446)
Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience.Yes L'Oreal is a big no-no for oily skin types.I bought this at quite a high price for 30ml.Now my mother is using it as she has dry skin and it has suited her.
@thesids (22357)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Oindy, I too have a similar problem and though I am not sure if these work for you or not here is what I do = 1. Wash my face with Pears Soap (for Oily Skin) every 2-3 hours 2. Use tissues for wiping out the oil when I cannot get to wash the extra oil I believe any cream would only aggravate the acne issue because they kind of block the pores of the skin. So better to let them open. Instead, if possible use a scrubber kind of thing like orange peel rind for this.
@oindy54 (3446)
Hi, Thank you so much for your response.I am responding rather late.I have found time at last to log in and write today! I am now using the daily skincare range for oily skin from Oriflame including a face wash,toner and mattifying shine control cream. I have found these very effective. Soap as far as I know is not good for the skin even if they claim it is gentle. Its my personal opinion so please do not feel bad.I have switched over to Lotus sunblock which leaves my skin matte.The correct sunscreen was a big headache for me and for now I am using this and have given the L'Oreal one to my mother.