Another Obama Gem Appointee

@laglen (19783)
It turns out, $500,000 buys you an ambassadorship to Luxembourg. No qualifications, no desire to do your job and the ability and desire to break rules at every turn. I am talking about Cynthia Stroum. Obama appointed her to this post in 2009. The State Department Inspector General did an audit of this post and found that she left it "in a state of dysfunction" and unable to carry out its duties after her recent exit, Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/03/obamas-ex-ambassador-luxembourg-left-embassy-state-dysfunction-watchdog-finds/#ixzz1D2RuwgMm So do you think this was a fluke or just more proof of the corruption of Obamas friends? “You may know a man by the company he keeps” Proverb quotes
@sierras236 (2740)
Well, if it had just been one or two appointees, it may be able to be passed off as a fluke. But this has been a very consistent problem with this administration. It's almost like President Obama has very little concept of these peoples qualifications.
@laglen (19783)
and morals, and standards, and views, and opinions....
I think he just pulls names out of a hat.
@laglen (19783)
well then, he needs a better hat.
@irisheyes (4375)
I expect that EVERY president gives "grace and favor" jobs in return for support, money etc. It's politics. The bigger issue for me is WHERE they give those jobs. Frankly, I'd rather the reward be an ambassadorship to Luxembourg than head of FEMA - eg Michael Brown.
@laglen (19783)
lol good point
@hofferp (4739)
Unfortunately, I don't think it's a fluke. There's too many instances of people being picked for jobs they don't have the qualifications to do under this Administration. It's not just the ambassador positions either; look at the czar and other administration appointees. Obama needs audits of all these posts, and after the reports are submitted, I bet there will be others who go home.
@laglen (19783)
I agree, audits all the way around!
@Taskr36 (13928)
Honestly, it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. Presidents have consistently been handing ambassadorships out to their friends like they were gift baskets. One would think that ambassadors would at least speak the language of the country they were an ambassador to, but that's not even close to being a requirement. I guess past presidents have just had more respectable friends than Obama. I knew eventually we would have a president who handed an ambassador position a really horrible abusive person, I guess I shouldn't surprised that Obama was the president to do it. Now I have a few questions. Will she face charges for her actions? Will she reimburse the taxpayers for money she spent in violation of the rules? Will Obama apologize to the American public for putting such a grossly incompetent and despicable person in that position in the first place?
@laglen (19783)
hahaha Im not a bettin girl, but I just may take the bet that no on all questions.
@epicure35 (2822)
all and total corruption, all the time. that's all he and his ilk have to offer.