Band Tribute Tattoos

I have two band tribute tattoos - one for AFI and one for Kill Hannah - and plans for two more for Kill Hannah. I have several friends who have them also. One friend has plans to do a full sleeve of Kill Hannah inspired ink plus he has several for other bands too (H.I.M., Black Veil Brides, Polar Moon). People with tattoos are often met with ridicule from those who don't have them but I think the band (or any pop culture) tattoos catch the most flack. "You're not going to like that band forever and then you'll regret that tattoo." And chances are that in 20 years, I will be listening to other bands but the reasons I got the tattoos in the first place will always be true. Kill Hannah and, to a lesser extent, AFI saved my life when I was in a very dark place and I owe them the world. Do you have any band tribute tattoos? Why did you get them? If not, would you get one?
@_sketch_ (5709)
I may or may not get a band tribute tattoo. I don't have any tattoos currently due to lack of money and wanting to find the right artist, but I plan on getting many. I don't see any problem with getting band tribute tattoos. Music is a very important part of many people's lives. We have a lot of memories that are tied into our favorite music in some way. That is what tattoos are supposed to be. They are supposed to be something important to us.
I haven't found "my" artist yet. I've had a different artist do all of mine but the guy who did my Kill Hannah tribute took a lot of time to make it look really good. Looked up the band's logo on the internet to make sure he got that right, added shading in the feathers that wasn't on my original drawing...all in all, the design and idea was mine, the final art that has become an easy favorite among other fans (and maybe even, she says hopefully, the band's singer/songwriter), that was all the tattooist.
@unme9090 (55)
No I won't get myself a tatoo. I like my body the way it is. ((not really)) In my country, having tatoo is like making your first impression look bad and people might think your a bad guy or just a gangters
Some people here in the States still have that impression of tattoos as well. But it's becoming more ... I don't know if "acceptable" is the word, maybe "tolerated". Put up with... I have tried, for the most part to get mine in places where I can keep them covered if I need to, for a job or something else but show them off when I want to as well. But I'm running out of canvas to paint on!
@madteaparty (2761)
• Japan
I'm a person who likes tatoos but who doesn't have any, because, as you probably have been told dozens of times, one day you might stop liking the thing you tatooed in your skin. Also, if my body changes shape the tatoo will be misformed anyway. If you think that even if you stop liking the band, it's worth it because you will remember why you did it, I think it's great . I'm more of a piercing person, so I don't plan on having any tattoo.
I have piercings also but it's never been the same kind of addiction to me that tattoos are. I have heard a lot that I'll regret them when I get older and they'll sag as I get older but I have put a lot of thought into mine and the meaning behind them will always be part of me, regardless of how they look.
@zoey7879 (3104)
I have a Green Day tatt... I'm not sure what exactly it would be called... One of the logos that was used when they made their American Idiot album featured a man screaming into a megaphone. Although the album was very popular at the time and I lived in a city of over 100k people that was also a college town, none of the retailers would carry the album because so many people considered it to be anti-patriotic. Boo... so I ended up getting the man screaming into the megaphone done. I'd also like to get a Straylight Run one.. "Sing me anything"... Nickleback "Never again" and Alanis Morrisette.. "Precious you are." I REALLY want to get those three done but I have a lot of issues with my skin now and tatts don't take at all really now :(
I have more I want to get as well... my problem is money :/ Two more Kill Hannah designs for my other two favorite songs...one is their bleeding butterfly logo with crying green eyes in it's wings for the song Why I Have my Grandma's Sad Eyes with what has become known as the Kill Hannah prayer "Universe, wrap your arms around me. Make me strong, so I can take on anyone." And the second I'm going to have their singer draw up for me based on the lyric "I'll be brave tonight." from my first KH song, Kennedy. The other two are "Swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive." from Swim by Jack's Mannequin and "Lay your armor down." from Don't Wait by Dashboard Confessional.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
i'm not a big fan but my biggest one for the music only is snoop dogg, i would only do a tatoo if they pay me for! or maybe would never do that! why would I