she burns it

quite often i smell cooking where i live and i know that the cook is burning the food, i'm sure she knows it's burned but the smell is so suffocating sometimes that i just want to go there and tell her to stop burning everything!! hahaa not to be mean or anything but would you tell someone that if they were cooking in the same place you lived?
@GreenMoo (11842)
Maybe your neighbours just enjoy their food burnt?
exactly! that's why i'm asking this question because if they are purposely burning it i felt it would be rude for me to tell them it smells but then if it's suffocating everyone then i thot we should tell them but then.. hmm not sure
@Lore2009 (7389)
I think I would, but I don't know, it depends on the person. If you've told that person many times already and they still don't change their ways, I wouldn't know what to do. Maybe ask them to inform me when their going to start to cook so I can lock up my door and windows or something.
hahaha that's a great idea! That's a win-win situation for both, I like that!
@cream97 (29175)
Hi. purpleelephant. Yes, I would tell them, especially if the smell is burning my eyes and my nostrils. I would also tell them this especially if I had my baby in the house with me too. When I used to live with my in-laws they would put wood into the wood heater, and the smell would be so offensive. The wood had to be placed into the wood heater correctly. If not, there would be a strong pungent odor that would come from it. I would have to keep my bedroom door closed until the smell would go down all of the way. I had my newborn baby in my room with me too. Being that this was not my house, I could hardly say anything. So, I just made up in my mind that I should move out. And when I did, I was so happy. No more dealing with smelly burnt wood anymore!!
I believe I would have to as the smell would not be pleasant to smell on a continual daily basis. I would not be mean, as I would try to help in any way I could to assure it does not continue to burn.
@staria (2782)
Yes I would, by all means go there and inform them that you are unhappy and being suffocated by the smell of burnt food. A gentle reminder wont hurt them, so dont worry. This is just so they are reminded and they would think and act about it.