I can’t believe how small some people’s minds are!

people that don't expand their thoughts - people with shrinking minds
@bounce58 (17524)
It may have just been contempt for the person I was talking to, but sometimes I can’t understand why some people can’t see the bigger picture. Why some get hung up on certain details that in the grand scheme of things, does not really matter. This is a rant. Have you ever been in a situation where the person you’re talking to just don’t want to cooperate with you? That even though you don’t have respect for each other, you have to work together, and this other person uses every detail just to mess up everything so both of you can’t go forward? How about someone blinded by their own definition of beauty, that they could not even stand and appreciate something else or something different which could also be beautiful? I know that these are just codes, but these are the things I have to deal with.
@JenInTN (27564)
Oh yes...this I can relate too. I am currently working with a fellow manager that refuses to see anything but the way things have always been..to the point of losing composure even! I have to say..just so you will know...my goal is to form unity between departments..lol..some people are great with it and others...well..not so much. I am a very determined person though and there needs to be unity.
@bounce58 (17524)
There's a saying at work, that we can only get promoted up to our level of incompetence. So when a position of responsibility is combined with a small mind, I find it difficult for things to get done. Or for progess to be had. I hope you don't deal with this manager all the time.
@JenInTN (27564)
I think it will be a passing thing.
I must be your polar opposite. I assume everyone is as stubborn as I. I am amazed when people yield to my idea or point of view. So I am put in na situation where an enemy and I were to work together, I would assume he/she would try to f*ck things up! As for beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder and if it is a small minded person I would assume they don't have the brain power to think outside the box. And I would pity them. So just hang in there. They are just dense and Nothing will change them.
@bounce58 (17524)
Ditto.
Oops. A duplicate! I'm sorry. Sometimes my PC likes to send it twice!
@bounce58 (17524)
Maybe I have a little bit of what you have. I don't really trust people I work with so much, that if I want something done, I'd rather do it myself. My boss sees this as a problem with delegation, but I'm just stubborn. Hey wait! Maybe I'm the one who has the small mind.
No! You are not small-minded. A person with a small mind wouldn't even ask this question! Don't you ever put yourself down in my presence!As for doing things yourself , that is wise. If you Really don;t trust your co workers to do it correctly , why not do it yourself. In my line , I am not a supervisor. So when I see something that needs doing , I Do it. But if you have people under who need work to do, then you need to give them Something to do. Being stubborn is a good trait. But being cloed minded is not and there is a difference.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
There you go talking about my marriage again....
@bounce58 (17524)
Oops! Sorry! I didn't mean to talk about somebody else. Just me, just me. And sorry for stealing the limelight.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
just teasing....
@megamatt (14327)
There are some people who do have a narrow view on what they think to be true. It is rather frustrating. I think that people have gotten something built up in their mind so much, that they are not going to try and understand something that is beyond their little box. Or maybe they don't want to understand. Some people just simply do not try to do so. In life, in all types of relationships, there are people who refuse to think outside of the box. They had their minds made up before even one fact was laid out on the table. Therefore it is going to be hard to really get them to understand anything. They might not have to like certain things but they should really respect and open their minds. Otherwise they pretty much put themselves into a box and limit themselves in life.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think that's the real problem. When people build certain ideas in their head. And then they believe it so much that they wouldn't accept any other views. And then they get frustrated or agitated when somebody else tries their mind. It is a bit sad. Thanks.
I really believe that the vast majority of people in the world are truly small minded individuals. In saying this, what I really mean is that most people aren't able to think about other people before they are able to think about themselves. That said, there are more and more times that I have to deal with people that aggrevate me and that is honestly the reason that I'm coming to believe that I really don't like people.
That's what we call professional jealousy or in harsher term Envy. When a person has that, no one is beautiful except herself! Those people exist in every company. We just have to live with them or maybe eliminate them.
@bounce58 (17524)
I agree that they exist in every company. It what makes some jobs a little bit challenging. Eventually, they get 'eliminated' or let go, but some who are bit uncanny, manage to thrive in whatever situation. And even outlive, or outlast the good ones. Thanks for the response.
Sounds like someone I use to date, It is a difficult situation and one I have been in at work at one time. As no matter what I did the person completely resisted, as if my presence from day one was disturbing. Unfortunately for the person he showed his true colors right off the bat and was let go.
@bounce58 (17524)
That's what I mean! Even if you don't like each other, if you still have to work together, then you could at least still be civil and look beyond the fact that you hate each other. It could be awkward or uncomfortable, but if you're mature enough, you could go on just until you don't have to work anymore. Instead of making a stand, and may have to pay the price for it by being let go. Thanks.