people watching

I live in a city where people don't talk to each other.... how does anything get done?? How does one meet another?? What's the signal these days for "Hey friend, you seem like a nice... interest person. What's going on??"
@gloryacam (5546)
I do, too. And in a close compound where everybody seems to be strangers to everybody. The only reason I know the person next door is because she is my lessor. There's just no opportunity for us to meet other people (I notice that everybody is preoccupied about something).
wow!! What is going on with us??? Let's agree to think powerful thoughts in support of one another's voices being heard. LOL... no, but seriously!! A quiet neighbor is an awesome benefit... but, you know the whole "Friends", "Melrose Place/90210", "Good Times", "Jeffersons", "Cosby" themes. I want a apt complex/compound where you know everyone... and have a blast. If I really cared enough............because truth be told, I HATE APTS........ I would be the one to throw a "Come meet your neighbor party"!! I think people are overly preoccupied with something; prob themselves. In my town, people barely look at each other - let alone extend the free yet gracious "Hello fellow human being" greeting. What happened to that?? One day, I just decided I'm gonna say hello to everyone - whether they like it or NOT!!! I try to see myself as loving myself so others can see themselves as loving me. I believe your goregous internal bright light is glowing. Thanks for the reply!!
@gloryacam (5546)
Hmm...I'd probably miss out on your party. I'd be the neighbor who's mad that the people next door are having a rowdy party outside. That, or I'm holed out in my office at 11 PM slaving away at my evil-boss's whims and caprices. And if I'd meet you outside, and you'd say hello, I'd offer a half-smile back, and think, as I continue my way, maybe this guy's nuts, or what is this guy up to? Then I'd be preoccupied thinking about all the heinous crimes that could happen to me just because somebody I don't know said hello. Aaaaaahhhh! I gotta get out of this place, it's getting to me!
I live in a town where everyone speaks spanish but me. LOL if they were talking to me I would never know it. I think your town is fine as long as people are not killing each other like around the town my man lives in..
Well, that sounds exciting to me!!! LOL. Are you learning Spanish or have a desire to learn it. It makes the purposes of life really interesting when you find yourself in a city where no one speaks your language... gotta learn theirs is my next thought. Consider it. No people are not outright killing one another - but, crime does exist. It's not overwhelming crime like Los Angeles or some other place... but senseless most of the time (nevertheless). Aren't we getting any smarter?? Thanks for the reply.
I want to learn spanish so bad I can taste it. LOL