Do you really know anybody else more stubborn than you?

name somebody else more stubborn than you - stubborn people all around
@bounce58 (17524)
I think most of us would agree that we are a little bit stubborn in some ways. Specially if we take on a stance, and people around you try and move you away from a position that you’ve already fixed your mind on to. And even then we would be stubborn enough not to admit that there are other people more stubborn than you! I am just afraid that my kids have gotten a little more of this from me. I am slowly realizing that they could be more stubborn than me. And I don’t think it’s a good thing. So, are you stubborn enough not to admit that there are other people more stubborn than you? Or if you have kids, do you find your kids a little bit more than you? And is that such a bad thing? Or are you one of those easy-go-lucky people that don’t have any problems changing their minds?
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
I am stubborn, and thankfully I'm the only one in my immediate family who is. My children and husband know that things typically need to go my way or else I'm not a happy camper. The kids are a little stubborn in their own way.. if I say no they might do it behind my back anyways, or like when I tell them 50 times to be quiet and they aren't quiet.. but this is typical kid stuff not really a stubbornness.. Hubby is only stubborn on certain things, like money and electronics. I typically have no opinion in those matters.. but when I do I win because I'm far more stubborn than hubby is!
@bounce58 (17524)
You know what?! I think you're right. I may just be attributing my kid's 'stubborness' with my own. This could just be typical kids stuff that they would outgrow out of. Hopefully this is the case. There is hope after all!
If they are people More stubborn , I don't know them . But I would Love to know them. I see being stubborn as one of my best traits. It has kept me from feeling uncomfortable with people around me. I have never done Anything I didn't feel right about , nor will I! If Everyone is doing it , does not mean I will. I am not Everyone , I'm me, Period.If it is the " right " thing to do but I can't see myself doing it , I Don't do it! I got being stubborn from Both parents! I had no choice than be More stubborn.
@bounce58 (17524)
I guess you just proved it Sarah! If parents are stubborn, then the kids end up a little bit more stubborn. So I now know what my kids would be like when they grow up. And like you said, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. It could be a 'good' trait that they could carry around.
The thing is to balance being stubborn with having an open mind. Suggestion. Make sure your kids Know they Can change their minds on things . I grew up thinking if I made up my mind one way it always had to remain that way. I'm living proof you can be stubborn on many things and very fluid on others.
@JenInTN (27564)
LOL...I don't think it's because they are more stubborn than you, they just haven't learned all the things about the world yet like you have. I think we are were strong and a bit rebellious when we were young and thought we were always right...and then we learned about the world.
@bounce58 (17524)
So very true Jen! I made a response to a discussion here a few days ago. About being naive and ambitious when I was young. And then as we grow up, reality sets in. And with it the realization that not everything could go our way. And maybe that has tempered my stubborness. So, maybe there is hope for my kids afterall!
@eurekafemme (5881)
I thought I was the most stubborn person I've ever known. Alyways insisting on the hings I want, standing firm on the things that I believe in without considering personal risk. But, I was wrong and it may seem hard to accept it because God it is so hard to deal with stubborn people.My kids and my husband are all stubborn like an old horse! I can not get my husband to clean up even his own mess. My kids seem to have gotten this trait from him and I'm freaking out!Sigh... Now, that makes me the good guy, ei.
@bounce58 (17524)
Sometimes stubborn people continue being so because they know that there are people around that pick up after them. Sadly, I think that you are that person. It is going to be difficult (and may make you freak out), but I agree that what makes you the 'good guy'!
Ever since i could remember, my family called me stubborn all the time. I never try to let them win against me and i insist on what i believe in. Luckily i am right all the time. However, i do accept criticism sometimes but it rarely happens. Now i am seeing myself in my son as he has got almost all of my character. I don't want him to be as stubborn as me but he is more than that actually. I don't know if i can change his attitude since my parents weren't able to change mine.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think that would be your son's trait already. Some traits can be changed, but I don't thing being stubborn is one of them. My parents always said that whatever hardships they had with me growing up, I was surely going to see with my own kids. I guess this saying is true in your case too.
Yes my son is very stubborn in many ways as he is one who needs to feel way over one hundred percent satisfied before he can drop a situation. Amazing at times that I watch him in motion and I reflect his actions, which I immediately say to myself oh gosh he is just like me, but a bit on the worse side. LOL.. I actually cannot say I wonder where he got that from.
@bounce58 (17524)
Haha! It is a wonder sometimes how our kids could be different people, with their own personalities, yet be just like us in some ways. And we often say, of all the traits that they could get, they get the one that makes them stubborn. Just like us.
Yes i know someone who is more stubborn then me. I should say more and more then me. And the person is my best friend and my room mate. Sometimes i just scared of her. I always suggest her to reduce it. As i believe it's not so good. She is very good person but for this habit sometime she made mistake.
@bounce58 (17524)
Hello dreamsharmin. Sometimes it is hard to see someone being stubborn. Specially if that someone is close to you. Like a best friend. They know that you will always be there for them, yet they can't see the fact that they are sometimes overstepping some lines. Thanks for the response.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I can think of a few people, and they're mostly all male. :D
@bounce58 (17524)
Hi Dawn. On behalf of all the male population on this planet (yup, including animals), let me offer our apologies. For some, at least.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
lol
I definitely won't deny the fact that I am a very stubborn person. However, I also know that there are a lot of people that are far more stubborn than I am. My sister-in-law immediately comes to mind as being a person that is more stubborn than I am. However, the most stubborn person that I've ever known in my life was none other than my own beloved father. If it wasn't for the fact that he was such a stubborn person I really think that he would still be alive today.
@bounce58 (17524)
Sometimes you don't know if you would admire that stubborness. Although it helped define the person that they are, it would have meant a longer life if they just yielded a little bit of sturbborness. Thanks.
In our lives, stubborness comes in any form when we are treading to maturity. Gos gave us the right path, but as mankind accepted it in different way - stubborn people. Well, it's inherited by your children and it caused a great deal to you as a parent. Now, that you're matured in life, you know that stubborness is bad? Take it from you, yes there are so many people now are stubborn, but in degree of that stubborness. Be ver careful in rearing your children, and give them the right path to righteousness.
@bounce58 (17524)
OK, thanks.
@erikmama (12929)
I know that I am stubborn, and at 30 years old I can say that I am not set in my ways. BUT I do know people that are more stubborn than me, and yes it is a bad thing.My children are just like me.
@bounce58 (17524)
Don't worry erikmama. As your kids grow up, they will see the happier you. And they will realize that you are a good person deep inside, even if you show your stubborness outside. And surely they will get that trait from you too.
@sender621 (14956)
I have never really considered mysef to be a stubborn person. I may be determined at times but not stubborn. I would honestly have to say there have to be other people who are more stubborn than me.
@bounce58 (17524)
That already makes you a better person! Being able to differentiate what a determined person from a stubborn one. This could mean that you could take in criticism and are able to use it for your own advantage. I don't think a lot of people are like you.
My ex was even more stubborn then I was. He reminded me of a woman the way he always had to have the last word. He wouldnt give in on anything. I am VERY stubborn but he was worse. If I didnt give in no one would so I usually just gave in to shut him up so I wouldnt have to deal with his issues any longer. That was a huge problem in our marriage how much our heads collided lol.
@bounce58 (17524)
I guess looking back, there were already signs of your marriage not working out. I just couldn't see a relationship where both would want to have the last word. You can give in, but you can only give for so much. I think this where those matchmaking websites would have plenty of advice on what traits your match should have to compliment a relationship.