Any interesting news from your city that you want to share with us?

Hong Kong
Do you watch news everyday? I do. Some of the news in the world are interesting but most of the times we can get to know those news from CNN together. But I think there are alwyas some interesting news happening in each city in every country almost everyday. It would be nice to see them all in CNN as well. But in fact , it is not possible since there are just too many of them and CNN can't broadcast every news in the world. But in mylot, at mleast we can share some more about the news in our city. What's up in your city and share something interesting that will make our life interesting.
My husband and I try to watch the news on a regular basis. However, we don't always catch it all the time because of the fact that it seems that they never have anything to report except for doom and gloom. So, I really don't have any interesting local news to report from my area. The biggest news right now is that we are finally coming out of the deep freeze weatherwise that we've been stuck in since about the beginning of December.
@RobtheRock (2485)
I do not keep up with news from my city. The best I can say is that the amusement park nearby is building a new ride for the summer.
@blue65packer (11835)
No big news in the city I live in but the state is still in Super Bowl fever! I'm talking about our pro football team the Green Bay Packers! Last sunday they beat the Pittsburgh Steerlers to win the NFL Championship in Super Bowl XLV! The first time we have since 1997! Packer fans are on cloud 9 still! They will be there for awhile yet!
@irene66 (1671)
I do watch local TV news everyday. I also listen to CNN but occasionally. Most of the time the news in my city is not good. It has all to do with car napping, robbery and corruption. However, the news about artists making it big in the international arena neutralizes it a bit.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
well, a volcano exploded here, preatty intersting :D
@hexebella (1140)
I'm a Filipino but I'm living in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. At present, the city is busy with the Muscat Festival. It started in 27th Jan and will last until 24th Feb. It is a month long festival which is done every year and normally commences on the last week of Jan. The festivities are located in different parts of the city. One park is like a carnival with rides, there are shows, circus and bands from european countries. Also included are shows of the native dances and there are also booths from neighboring gulf countries with their own showcases. One part of the park shows Omani Cultural and Heritage Village where they showcase their way of life, craftmanship, local foods, etc. Every night there is a fireworks display that lasts for an hour, I haven't watched one since then as I was told you can't find parking space. People would even park at the side of the road just to view the fireworks display and of course expect a congested road :( Maybe around 40-50 kms away is another park where shows are being held as well, there are booths of 30 different countries showcasing their products at the same time selling them Tour of Oman is also part of the festivities. They are promoting cycling as a sport in Oman. For more info please visit the following links: http://muscat-festival.com/ http://www.tourofoman.om/